Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Note
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Faults

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Established Member
Established Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Faults
    Posted: 12 July 2010 at 20:55

does any one have any reoccuring problems with thier Note?

i seem to be getting a few now that i am getting used to the car, at first i thought they were all down to me in a new car, but they seem quite annoying now.

1) brakes go soft (as if need bleeding) and they pull to the left under firm braking (not emergency stop type) occasionally you can really hear the master cylinder hissing inside the car

2) the engine does not seem so smooth when on the over run, or when travelling at 30mph at approx 2500 rpm, seems to be hunting.

3) it seems very unstable at speed and wanders quite a bit about the road.

does anyone elses do this, or am i just being really , really paranoid?

i am due to take it back to nissan for them to check these faults out, but at the moment, the abrasiveness of the receptionist isnt filling me with confidence that the mechanic will take this seriously.

(will give them 1 more chance before i try another dealer)

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2010 at 12:36

you got it in one and answerwed you own question, i drove another note a few weeks ago the brakes didnt feel right and the stering was well over assisted

if its just doing short runs most of the time give it a run and get the engine nice and warm as well brakes (short runs knackers the sinter in the pads)

paulyt View Drop Down
Established Member
Established Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2010 at 23:47

its well used , i have tried short journeys, and motorway runs, my daily commute is a mixture of both.

it seems to be getting worse as time goes by, the brakes have now started to pull quite violently...

its off to the dealer in the morning, then if still no better will pay for a local trusted guy to look at it (one of those old school guys with pens in his top overall pocket and can tune an engine by ear alone with amazing results)

tomy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 22:51

Hi there

can't say I have experiened any of your faults but the only issue I had was the car wandering to the left. I have last weekend had the alignment corrected. Too early to tell the difference.

ps- wouldn't worry about the abrasive receptionist - most are like that. Just make your point.

paulyt View Drop Down
Established Member
Established Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 00:22
i can often reason with them, just tell them that i use dto do the same job, however, they had the car in today, said they found no faults at all, but since telling them that they did a service and work on the brakes recently, the car has miraculously been cured of most of the issues i had... how bizarre?????
paulyt View Drop Down
Established Member
Established Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 00:22
let me know if the wheel alignment is of benefit and i shall book it in .
nismo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nismo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2010 at 01:21

If its the mark1 nissan note your reffering to, Ive been lead to believe that the nissan dealers will allways "play it cool" to the vehicle wandering and feeling unstable issues, its due to the tyre size? apparently on the new shape notes they have wider tyres. i havent really looked into it so dont quote me on it.

I had some aftermarket alloy wheels on my mark 1 note cant remember the exact tyre size but it drove like a totally diferent car. Didnt wander, could throw it into corners and it would stick to the road.

As for the brakes i can here the master cylinder hissing from inside the car drive any other note they are all the same. if you do an emergency stop as soon as the rear wheels start to lock up you loose most of the effort you put into the pedal due to the ABS system override.

Id say the most annoying thing with the power steering is it well over assisted and MOST annoying when your on a long motorway drive like i do day in day out and turn the wheel at the motorway exit and the steering isnt power assisted as the electric pump is turned off to save power seems to take for ever to kick back in.

paulyt View Drop Down
Established Member
Established Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2010 at 01:07
that all seems to make sense to me. it is a mk1 pre face lift one btw
woofand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woofand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 14:11
hi my wife has a 59 plate note which she uses as a driving school car the first clutch went at 800 miles  and has been back to the main dealers 7 times with the same problem (the clutch keeps slipping )and they cant seem to fix it any ideas any one
spammie
paulyt View Drop Down
Established Member
Established Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 00:46
not good.. mine has started to judder a bit
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic