Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Murano
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Edwin Collins says he isnt ready to retire just ye
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Edwin Collins says he isnt ready to retire just ye

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
aV3iU4sJ2f View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aV3iU4sJ2f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Edwin Collins says he isnt ready to retire just ye
    Posted: 06 May 2014 at 04:29
AS one of Scotland’s best-loved pop stars, Edwyn Collins has proved once again that he has no intention of retiring from music. Powered by Goldvk Forum ,the perfessional game raiders forum,including game raides,instance,Game Gold(wow gold ), equipment, pvp, quests, etc.

The Edinburgh-born singer-songwriter has returned with a solo album that sees him back on the sort of form that won him a legion of fans three decades ago. Find cheapest wow gold new from us.

But the 53-year-old rocker insists there’s plenty of life in him yet and that the latest album title is tongue in cheek.

“I called the album Understated but I’m taking the p***,” the former Orange Juice singer laughed. “I’m not understated at all. I’m possibly arrogant. Possibly.”

One of the stand-out tracks on the new album is called 31 Years, which provides a poignant look back at the start of his music career as punk was on the wane.

Having moved to Glasgow where he worked as a graphic illustrator for the Glasgow Parks Department, he started out in his first group, the Nu-Sonics, as a teenager in the late 70s.

But it wasn’t long before he formed one of the most influential groups to come out of Scotland.

Four-piece Orange Juice released their first single Falling  Laughing on Postcard Records in 1980.

Other highly acclaimed singles Blue Boy and Simply Thrilled Honey followed the same year, sparking what the label said was “the sound of young Scotland”. you can wow gold kaufen from online shop with safe transaction.

Glasgow-based Orange Juice, Edinburgh’s Josef K and East Kilbride’s Aztec Camera all released material on the Postcard label — inspiring dozens of Scottish indie bands to form such as Del Amitri, Deacon Blue and The Bluebells.

Edwyn said: “The song 31 Years looks back to my Orange Juice days of Falling  Laughing.

“Some people in bands in those days faded away. Some people, for example U2, are big bands now. But I’m still here.

“I was only 20 when we did Falling  Laughing. When I started out, it was impossibly difficult for us to play in Glasgow in the early days of Postcard.”

Apart from Glasgow’s art school, they were forced to go to Paisley and outlying parts to escape the city’s ageing live cartel. After national recognition for the label, things changed very quickly.

“Suddenly young bands were confidently shoving themselves forward and men from major label AR were flying from London to scoop them up.

“Ever since, really, Glasgow has been regarded as the city of cool.” 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic