Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Club Member Discounts » Discounted Insurance For Club Nissan Members
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - it was a childish mistake on my part, a ridiculous
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

it was a childish mistake on my part, a ridiculous

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abab123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: it was a childish mistake on my part, a ridiculous
    Posted: 22 June 2014 at 08:17

Vincent Kompany is an injury doubt for Belgium’s Group H clash with Russia in Rio de Janeiro.
The Manchester City defender suffered a groin strain during the Red Devils’ 2-1 win over Algeria on Tuesday - a victory that

propelled his side to the top of their group.

Kompany missed Thursday and Friday’s training sessions and his coach Marc Wilmots says they will continue to nurse the injury in the

hope that he will play some part at the Maracana Stadium.

"Vincent felt something in the final few minutes and was not able to sprint 100 percent," Wilmots said.            

"He hoped that resting it overnight would resolve the problem, but it wasn't the case and on Wednesday Nike Mercurial Soccer Cleats morning he still had pain in

the left groin.         

"We decided he would work alone from the rest of the squad for two days with the physiotherapist Lieven Maesschalk and the medical Nike Mercurial for sale

staff. All being well, he will be back training with the rest of the squad on Nike CTR360 Maestri III FG Saturday."

After trailing 1-0 to Algeria, goalscoring substitutes Marouane Soccer Cleats for sale Fellaini and Dries Mertens gave Belgium a valuable three points -

goals that could reward the duo with a spot in Wilmots’ starting XI on Sunday.

Tottenham pair Nacer Chadli and Mousa Dembele could be dropped to the bench following their poor performances in Belo Horizonte.

Russia manager Fabio Capello will have to decide whether goalkeeper Igor Akinfeev keeps his place following his blunder in their 1-1

draw with South Korea.

The CSKA Moscow ‘keeper let a weak Lee Keun-ho shot slip through his hands to give Korea the lead - an error that may force Capello

to play either Yury Lodygin or Sergey Ryzhikov in goal.

Akinfeev admits he was at fault for the goal but is confident that he will avoid any slip-ups in the future.

"I want to apologise to everybody, it was a childish mistake on my part, a ridiculous goal," he said on the Russian Football Union's

official website.

"The keeper of a national side should not let in such goals. It will not happen again."

Capello may hand playmaker Alan Dzagoev a start following his impressive performance off the bench in their draw with the Taeguk

Warriors.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic