Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Almera
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Urgent help needed - immobiliser

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkyPerky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Urgent help needed - immobiliser
    Posted: 30 August 2014 at 13:30
Help needed desparately!!
My daughter has a 2003 Nissan Almera 1.5S petrol RHD.  It stalled and will not start.  It turns over as usual. When the ignition is turned on the immobiliser lamp blinks 6 times and the stays lit.
The radiator cooling fan comes on when the lamp is lit.
I cannot read any errors because my EasyOBD II reader says
Vehicle Data Bus OK
No Vehicle Response/Connection or Power
The clue may be in the fact that the faults cannot be read because the K-line is held low. With the ignition on, between pin7 (K-line) and pin 5 (signal ground ) on the diagnostic socket I have 2.7V not 12V
I thought that perhaps the immobiliser may have been damaged and a firm said to send it to them for repair.  I have it off the car. Before posting it off I thought I would run EasyOBD again.  It still flashes 6 times and then stays on, and the fans still run until I disconnect the cables. I checked the voltage between the K-line and the ground when the fan cables are disconnected and it was the same, 2.7V not 12V. Perhaps it isn’t the immobiliser or maybe the feed to it is down.
The central locking works fine so I presume the key is OK.  If it is the key why would the fans run?
I hope someone can suggest something
Please help as we are stranded in the sticks with no autoelectrician who knows anything about Nissans in the area

PinkyPerky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkyPerky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2014 at 21:31
Someone on another forum suggested it was the ecu.  I swapped the ecu, SEC/MCM, immobiliser and NATS antenna amplifier with keys and it made no differenceCry
I read elsewhere that the RHD 2003 Almera has a dongle unit.  I didn't see one and none was offered. Does it have one and if it does anyone got a pic showing where it is and what it looks like?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic