Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Club Nissan Forums » General Car & Club Related Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan recall

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinityxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan recall
    Posted: 22 June 2007 at 14:11

We have been asked by Nissan to try to get Qashqai owners with any handbrake issues to please contact them directly about it. Nissan have just sent out a memo to all dealerships asking them to send any evidence of handbrake failure.

We are trying to get enough information for them to do a recall on Qashqais' for handbrake replacement.

If you have or know anyone with the above problem would you please contact Nissan before someone is seriously hurt by a Qashqai rolling down a road.

Thankyou

Mick View Drop Down
Management
Management
General Dogs Body

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2007 at 14:31
I have made this a sticky topic for you.
alan pllu View Drop Down
Nissan Tech
Nissan Tech

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan pllu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 21:59
cant believe nissan are still not gettin a handbrake right on a new model. had a recall on p12 and n16 before that for the same thing.
Daf_newport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daf_newport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 14:23

Found a useful site from VOSA for vehicle recalls. Not just for Nissans...

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp

RandomGuy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RandomGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2009 at 17:16
You need a good handbrake handy for turns
I don't read the newspapers because they all have ugly print!
Andy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I’m The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2009 at 21:07

Originally posted by alan pllu alan pllu wrote:

cant believe nissan are still not gettin a handbrake right on a new model. had a recall on p12 and n16 before that for the same thing.

Aye thats true, remember my P12 being done.

IF YOU WANT COMFORT BY A CAR IF YOU WANT SPEED BUY A HAYABUSA 194MPH,QUARTER MILE 9.86 sec @ 145.80 MPH
cooperlegend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cooperlegend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2011 at 17:01
Hi, we have a Qashqai plus 2.

The handbrake is very poor and takes a lot of effort to
make sure of it working.

The other day the car rolled off our drive and hit a
wall.

I reported this to Nissan, they didn't want to know.... !

Anywhere I else I can address this?

Im not impressed with Nissan customer service.... Doubt I
will buy another Qashqai.
rosefaj24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosefaj24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 05:00
As of now, Nissan still have this problem, My dad still using our Patrol but he's not using the said Nissan Parts. The mechanic adjusted it and replaced the pads, but still nothing happens. Is there any other way to adjust the hand brake or the only way is with the nut under the handle?

Edited by flash22
rosefaj24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosefaj24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2011 at 04:47
Originally posted by rosefaj24 rosefaj24 wrote:

As of now, Nissan still have this problem, My dad still using our Patrol but he's not using the said Nissan Parts. The mechanic adjusted it and replaced the pads, but still nothing happens. Is there any other way to adjust the hand brake or the only way is with the nut under the handle?

I keep on searching about this problem, but unfortunately i got nothing. Maybe we should buy a new vehicle.

Edited by flash22
rosefaj24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosefaj24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2012 at 04:47
untill now, nissan still have recall on handbrake, but have you heardabout the recall of nissan maxima headlight bulb? someone told me that nissan has a recall on their maximas headlight, this is new.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic