Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Club Nissan Forums » Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2007 Nissan Micra 1.2 Automatic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2007 Nissan Micra 1.2 Automatic
    Posted: 12 September 2007 at 13:39

Hi All,

2007 Nissan Micra 1.2 Auto.

I am a new member with a query.   The vehicle has 400 miles on the clock, and no-one seems to know the answer.  When the car is parked in the garage; which is on a slight slope; and engine is started it is very quiet, then when reverse gear is selected there is a "tinny rattling " noise from underneath. Can anyone supply an answer for me to cure this minor problem, which does not occur when the car is on a level surface.

In anticipation.

Thank you

Janboy

janboy57@gmail.com

Janboy
shinysr20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinysr20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2007 at 13:47

could be the catalyst heat shield rattling , only very thin and flimsy, noise being amplified due to enclosed area.

Janboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2007 at 15:08

Hi shinysr20,

Thanks for the info, will have a look at the catalyst heat shield and see if the noise can be stopped.

Cheers

Janboy

Janboy
jayw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2007 at 22:56
Welcome to the forum.I would go with heatshield too.
DRIFTER View Drop Down
Management
Management
MR JOHNSON

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DRIFTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2007 at 14:10
these new nissan/renaults are a load of shite tbo honest we have had loads in our garage with faults my advise is sell it and by something else! the rattle is probably nothing maybe a loose bolt knowing in nissan
shinysr20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinysr20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2007 at 15:06
i agree on new nissan/ renault thing , my father laws micra had kangoo brakes on it. he only had it 5 months , now has honda
DRIFTER View Drop Down
Management
Management
MR JOHNSON

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DRIFTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2007 at 15:14
yep what a load of wank,all the parts come in renault boxex now to at my dealership! bring back proper nissans like the P10 AND P11 primera's!
shinysr20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinysr20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2007 at 15:25
i agree , the last true nissan the primera , the ones with the sr20-ga16 .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic