Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Club Nissan Forums » Members Cars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my Primera GT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Established Member
Established Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Infiniti&Beyond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my Primera GT
    Posted: 24 January 2009 at 01:29

ok, this is the crazy side of my Primera fetish, this one's my Mr Hyde, the green one's my Dr Jekyl

1998 Nissan Primera GT, 74,000 miles on the clock 64,000 on the engine.

it sits fully insured, taxed and MOT'd at my house and only ventures out when there's a car show i can match up with my trips home

since the pics were done, a 3" exhaust system with custom backbox has been fitted, (thanks to Mick for sending it down to me) theres now a roller bearing turbo and 264* HKS inlet and exhaust cams, there's boost and oil pressure gauges mounted where the centre vents were, there's even more bass thanks to MTX Thunder subs and Legacy 1000w RMS amps and there's a nintendo wii with wireless infra-red bar mated to an Alien AL100 projector and a 500Gb media player storing about 450 films mounted  in the boot, Still need to find a good tuner who knows the e-manage ultimate inside and out as you can only do so much tinkering with it yourself on the odd weekend you're home.

Andy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I’m The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2009 at 12:25
Awesome David, you had it on the RR again yet mate?
IF YOU WANT COMFORT BY A CAR IF YOU WANT SPEED BUY A HAYABUSA 194MPH,QUARTER MILE 9.86 sec @ 145.80 MPH
Infiniti&Beyond View Drop Down
Established Member
Established Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Infiniti&Beyond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2009 at 12:39
not yet, its one of my plans for this year, i dont want to RR it until the E-manage is fully adjusted and i'll get a power run at the same time, but its difficult to find a company that understand the ultimate software in my area.. coming home for a weekend every fortnight, its difficult to tell the kids that i'm not here to see them, but to get the car running better so i'm off for a couple of days to London.  the car hasnt been started since October because the family comes first every time.
Andy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I’m The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2009 at 12:54
Aye, its must be hard mate, car or family? LOL. How much longer you in France for?
IF YOU WANT COMFORT BY A CAR IF YOU WANT SPEED BUY A HAYABUSA 194MPH,QUARTER MILE 9.86 sec @ 145.80 MPH
Established Member
Established Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Infiniti&Beyond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2009 at 13:31

years... lol

legally i'm only allowed to stay here for 4 yrs.(i've been here 1yr 7months so far) if they see a job on a temp contract going 4yrs the European law says that the position is obviously required so make them permanent. because i work for Airbus Deutschland on the FAL (final assembly line) here in Toulouse, i'd have to get a contract off them and possibly end up in Hamburg on the sections (its much better working on a complete A380) and on high german tax and even less flights to the UK.

the A350 (boeings dreamliner competition) build starts in 2010 (the hangar has just started to be built next to ours) so there's other options there too, as a switch from the A380 means my 4yr clock starts again. Or i go to Sevillle and wire up the A400M when they finally get the engines sorted (there's a 2yr hold on the build at the moment because the engines aren't good enough)

Andy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I’m The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2009 at 13:51
Thats a long time mate, at least the money is good.
edk_ View Drop Down
Established Member
Established Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2009 at 14:46
Most impressive 

Love the colourcoded leather interior too. Makes a great show car
Established Member
Established Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Infiniti&Beyond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2009 at 15:15

Originally posted by Andy Andy wrote:

Thats a long time mate, at least the money is good.

moneys great now the exchange rate is near 1 for 1, only downside is my rent of 650E a month now feels like £650 rather than the £400 it was when i first got here

we did have a cut in our accomodation allowance of 120E a week at the start of January so i have to work 4 more hours to make that up.. but a 40hr week is still better than working around 80+ hrs in the UK for the same money.

if i could get the kids and the missus to learn french then we'd be out here 100%, missing the kids growing up (Alex will be 1 next saturday) is the only thing making me want to come back to the UK at the moment.

JC#79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC#79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 18:30

Lovely motor m8 as I have said countless times, did the sale go ahead or have you decided to hold onto the beast & get her back to former glory?

Still think the two tone is the dogs danglies & I likes it more each time I see it.

Andy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I’m The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 19:18
Aye, did it sell David?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic