Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Club Nissan Forums » Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help Nissan Almera Tino SE+ Low Power

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DDUB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDUB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help Nissan Almera Tino SE+ Low Power
    Posted: 07 July 2009 at 19:55
sounds about right to me, hope it works out.
RandomGuy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RandomGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 20:45
 Glad you got it sorted may you have many miles of trouble free motering ahead.
I don't read the newspapers because they all have ugly print!
Lyndy10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyndy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2009 at 21:12
Thank you for the advice it was a sticky EGR valve, it has been cleaned and refitted, as well as a ball bearing being fitted to the swirl control valve. Apparently this sticks and gets clogged up if you do not do a lot of motorway driving, Nissan issued a bulletin on it.

The Tino is now running ncely again and I have power in all gears! yippe

Lyndy XXX
RandomGuy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RandomGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2009 at 22:24
Good luck with it let us know how you get on
I don't read the newspapers because they all have ugly print!
Lyndy10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyndy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 22:06
Thankyou for all the suggestions, will try these.

Lyndy XXX
Mick View Drop Down
Management
Management
General Dogs Body

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2009 at 01:31

It would be very difficult to diagnose without seeing it. However they can be common for fuel pumps and MAF sensors. Unfortunately i think it is going to be a case of fit and MAF and try it then progress to the pump. Sorry i can't be any more help.

Mick

DDUB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDUB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2009 at 01:01

honestly i would suspect egr or a maf. had a few with fuel pumps go which would explain not goin over 2000 revs (limp mode).

although i would imagine your nissan dealer would have run these checks on consult?

Lyndy10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyndy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2009 at 21:40

I need advice please, lovely reliable Nissan Almera Tino has sudenly stopped being reliable.
Just recently it started juddering on 2nd/3rd gears when you want to accelerate gently, stick your foot down harder and shes fine; took it down to my local Nissan Dealer and had the swirl pipe unblocked, the fuel filter changed and diesel cleaner put in, no faults come up on their computer so its all ok. No Judder went but after she warms up I loose power in every gear to the point where you put your foot to the floor and she doesn't get above 2000 revs.

The Nissan people have driven it and its fine, this is what Tino's are like Mrs, sluggish. Now I'm just a simple woman who's only worked 15 years in system engineering what would I know, I've only been driving my Nissan for the last 5 years!

Please help, I've found stuff on other sites about MAF/MAS  sensors and EGR valves, but some answers are a bit cagey. Any response would be lovely.Cheers Lyndy

Lyndy XXX
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic