Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Club Nissan Forums » Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

350Z

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sliderx600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 350Z
    Posted: 28 August 2009 at 09:55

Hi

Thinking about buying a 350 Z, second hand but no older than 4 years old,so looking for around 2005.I have 1 in mind which is an american import. I live in Portugal so i need the LHD.I have owned 2 Nissan's before and loved them both.1st was a sylvia turbo 1.8,2nd bought for my ex but i drove it mostly was a 100Nx. Ok back to where i was the 350Z. What to look for guys and gals, all cars have thier quirks and probs, what is inherent in 350Z ?? All help greatly apreciated.

slider
RandomGuy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RandomGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 10:23
Am not sure about the quirks of the 350 however one problem I am aware of is that the engine can suffer from oil starvation, check service history and if not fitted already would fit a larger uprated sump.
I don't read the newspapers because they all have ugly print!
sliderx600 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sliderx600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2009 at 10:31
Thanks Random, Hadnt heard that one before. Is it a common problem or just the early ones,certainly one to look out for. Thanks for bringing it up.
slider
RandomGuy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RandomGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2009 at 20:32

The standard sump has only a small capacity and has no baffles inside it so under fast cornering with the oil sloshing about from side to side oil starvation can occur causing engine damage.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sliderx600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2009 at 09:26

Thanks again

Shouldnt be to much of a problem for a 50 year old though !!!! my days of street blasting are gone. Just cant stop loving anything fast and powerfull. Many thanks Randomguy.

slider
RandomGuy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RandomGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2009 at 21:52

No problem It's not what you do it's what the previous owner has done!

As for age am not far behind you! and I still but my foot down

Thinking of getting one of these myself either that or the 350 GT Skyline which is more or less the same but with four seats same engine though.

Would still have the larger sump fitted.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sliderx600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2009 at 00:37

Bit of a beast from what i have read about the skyline,saw plenty of them in Perth Aus last year, A friend took one on the european cannonball 3 or 4 years ago and blew it up on the track day some where in france. I agree, it is what has been abused before. Hope fully i find a good one, as the missus has given in but like all she could change her mind before the wallet is opened !!! Will definatly take your advice though as i will get tempted to use the right foot for sure.

Cheers

Ian

slider
Andy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I’m The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2009 at 13:20
I have heard they have had faults with the prop, clutch and
rear wheel bearings so check them things out.
IF YOU WANT COMFORT BY A CAR IF YOU WANT SPEED BUY A HAYABUSA 194MPH,QUARTER MILE 9.86 sec @ 145.80 MPH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic