Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Club Nissan Forums » Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

£2600 for a pump..are you sure?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianaubin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: £2600 for a pump..are you sure?
    Posted: 04 October 2009 at 01:28
Hi all, i bought a 2004 plate Primera 2.2 Diesel 5 months ago from Car Giant in London. It is now in Limp home mode, unless i turn the ignition off and then on again. Which i have to do at every set of lights. After numerous visits to local garages and having the pressure regulator valve replaced i took it to Nissan in Hanwell. Turns out it needs a new Fuel pump. Fair enough, i thought, at least it solves the problem. That was until they told me the price. TWO AND A HALF GRAND fitted. I could buy a decent little run around for that price. Anyway just wanted to say hello and goodbye to NISSAN, at these prices i think i'll stick to ford Mondeos, Shame really cos i quite liked the car. Take care all.

Brian

johnbr6 View Drop Down
Established Member
Established Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnbr6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 00:40
Hello and welcome to CN

P12's are renouned for crap reliability. Shoulda got a P11 SE and
woulda seen you along for years.

Take care fella.
Mick View Drop Down
Management
Management
General Dogs Body

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 03:44

Hello Brian.

Have you asked how much to get your pump repaired? There are quite a few companies now that can repair these for a fraction of the cost.

Mick

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic