FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Banging your head against a wall

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
RandomGuy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RandomGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Banging your head against a wall
    Posted: 31 October 2009 at 02:11
How did you get on? did you get it fixed? 
I don't read the newspapers because they all have ugly print!
Mick View Drop Down
Management
Management
General Dogs Body

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2009 at 01:20

As already said it's not worth the hassle.

If you convert it to a cable it will never be right.

Mick

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2009 at 20:41

its not as easy as just adding a cable by the time you flaf about you mite aswelll do it properly imho

slaves have a habit of letting go, the master is usualy up to the job, shop around and ask for discounts. theres no harm in asking 9/10 time you can get parts for less

quick look on ebay new ones for £52 inc post

if money is tight  see if there one down the breakers

Edited by flash22
mikee55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikee55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 13:10
Hi, I'm Mike from Bournemouth, I have a '93/94 Nissan Serena. I can't get help anywhere with this car/people carrier. Its coolant system is being held together by K Seal and it sits on my drive with no slave cylinder on its hydraulic clutch. I have posted in the maintainance area, was wandering if it would be do able to convert it to a clutch cable. I've paid £750 for the car, and £600 to get it through its MOT and then needed tyres and tracking and now this. Money's tight, were still paying for the MOT loan and the loan of the £750 to buy the thing in the first place. Surely I could knock up some brackets and find a long clutch cable to reach the mid mount engine.

Is this too much agro? The new slave cylinder will be £51+vat then DOT 4 fluid to add. And you can bet the Master cylinder will fail shortly after!!

Mike
If you're going through hell, keep going-W.Churchill
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic