Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Note
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Note Front Wheel Corrosion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
hocko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Note Front Wheel Corrosion
    Posted: 09 June 2010 at 01:14
I have a 57 with 34k and my wheels are not great the front manily.
paulyt View Drop Down
Established Member
Established Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 22:48

mine are doing this too... only on 2 wheels though.

i wonder if its is a particular wheel that is prone to this or if all do it?

mine are the 6 (flat) spoked ones standard on a 58 tekna

Andy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I’m The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 13:51
Originally posted by darrenchilds darrenchilds wrote:

Hi Andy, thanks for your info. So the question is are they covered in the anti corrosion warrenty and will nissan swap out for replacements ?

Thanks

Darren.

Unfortunatly not mate.

IF YOU WANT COMFORT BY A CAR IF YOU WANT SPEED BUY A HAYABUSA 194MPH,QUARTER MILE 9.86 sec @ 145.80 MPH
darrenchilds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrenchilds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 13:39

Hi Andy, thanks for your info. So the question is are they covered in the anti corrosion warrenty and will nissan swap out for replacements ?

Thanks

Darren.

Andy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I’m The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 14:49
Its a Nissan thing, they dont put a great deal off paint on them and what with the road conditions in the UK etc can make it worse.  My Note aint even 3 years old yet, only has 15k on it and my wheels are starting to corrode.
IF YOU WANT COMFORT BY A CAR IF YOU WANT SPEED BUY A HAYABUSA 194MPH,QUARTER MILE 9.86 sec @ 145.80 MPH
darrenchilds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrenchilds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2010 at 12:27

Hi i am new to this forum and a new note owner. I have bought it second hand it is just over 3 years old on an 07 plate. I am happy with the car except for 1 niggle. all the wheels are nice in terms of no curb damage or scratches. However the 2 front wheels both show signs of bubbling corrosion this is towwards the centre of the wheels. Both back wheels are spotless as new. but yet both the front show signs of corrosion.

Has anybody else seen this on there car?

I did a search relating to this on the net but did not find anything.

I had an MR2 once and toyota had an issue with wheel corrosion and they were swapping wheels out for free as they new there was an issue.

Thanks

Darren.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic