Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Primera
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CLUTH PROBLEMS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote revver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CLUTH PROBLEMS
    Posted: 28 June 2010 at 21:43
Cry hi all i seem to have developed a clutch problem. i changed down going round a round about and my 98 p11 crunched gears. tried again and it went in but just revved took me foot off accelerator and tried again but same result, done the same again all ok. drove 7 mile (did'nt want to stop) up and down hills. coming into town tried to change down but she would'nt go into 4 tried gain and it went in 3 ok back out of town up hill ok. got home pulled up ok. tried in andout of gear forwards backwards ok. thrashed up and down road dipping clutch everything fine. ANY IDEAS once a clutch starts to slip i thought it would cary on slipping.   PLEASE HELP!
crazytaxi View Drop Down
Management
Management
Board Cleaning God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazytaxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2010 at 17:03
The gears crunching dosnt sound like a slipping clutch, sounds more like a stretched cable or the pressure plate is goosed, hence why it's hard to get into gear. when it did just rev, it might have been that it wasnt actually in gear giving you the impression it was slipping.

Could even be a problem with the synchro on the box. Next time it does it try reving the engine a little while trying to get the gear you want, this actually helps to line the cogs up and it will drop in.

Personally i'd be thinking of a new clutch
revver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote revver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2010 at 19:42
hi thanks for advice. went out for drive on tuesday about 20 mile everything a okConfused will have to wait and see if it does it again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic