Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » X-Trail
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Used home made diesel...Please help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Used home made diesel...Please help
    Posted: 14 July 2010 at 21:05
< http-equiv="CONTENT-" content="text/; charset=utf-8"> < name="GENERATOR" content="OpenOffice.org 2.4 (Unix)"> < style ="text/css">

Nissan Xtrail 2004 model 2.2 DCI Diesel.

I used converted food oil to diesel to run the vehicle.

I used around 200-300 liters of this fuel. I then went back using normal diesel.

After a week of using standard diesel again the vehicle went in to limp mode when used in a hill.

I changed the fuel filter and it improved.

Now the vehicle goes in to limp mode when driving along at around 2000rpm. when driving at a higher rpm the vehicle runs fine.

I attached a fault code reader and did a diagnostic test. The fault code that was returned was P1273 (Air / Fuel Ratio Sensor 1)

The Xtrail also smokes when driving it along. I notice the smoke in my side mirror when driving normally not just when putting the foot down.

What can the problem be? I have cleaned the Mass Air Flow meter (it was needed, It was very dirty)

I have also added injector cleaner for diesel engines to the normal fuel.

Many thanks
Roger
aylnissan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aylnissan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2010 at 11:17
Sounds like classic Mass air flow sensor failiure, unfortunatly sometimes the only way to solve is to replace. Most of the other problems would cause stalling etc.....
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2010 at 12:52

the Maf has failed by the sounds of it

Did you setup the engine for the home brew diesel ? did you make the diesel or did you buy it pre made ? if its home made ideally you need a diesel preheat before it enters the engine and secondary filtered

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic