Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Club Nissan Forums » General Car & Club Related Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

parts prices

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richard neville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: parts prices
    Posted: 02 August 2010 at 12:43
Hello Nissan club, thought you would be interested in the grand theft auto scheme that Nissan UK operate, i needed an idle air control valve for my 3.0 V6 Maxima, i have owned for nearly 10 years.My local dealer said 10 days from Japan and £577, an Infinity dealer in USA, via Google, said, £100, plus £34 postage, i ordered it on a Monday, got an email on the Tuesday to say it had been ordered from Japan, email on the Thursday to say they had received it , and was now in transit to me, i got it on the following Monday. This came in a sealed genuine Nissan Japan box, i can only think that UK parts have a seat reserved for them individually, whilst USA parts rough it in the cargo hold!
Recently, i requested a price for my wife's micra central door locking motor,  £194, they are having a laugh, on us, they obviously respect their USA customers, and have contempt for us.
I worked in the motor trade, for 25 years, and i dealt with Datsun parts and sales, cherrys, laurels, bluebirds, sunnys,240C and 240Z, that was in the Botner days and they tried to rip off customers then, i had hoped they had moved on , but obviously not. I will be buying 2 new cars in the very near future, and this will taint my decision.
Richard Neville

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 14:00

the stealership make there prices up as thay go (found this alot with vauxhall)

vectra cam sensor from the dealers £160 plus vat got one from a well known vx parts supplier £36 quid all in, same bosch part in a gm bag complete with hologram

its ripoff britain at its finest

crazytaxi View Drop Down
Management
Management
Board Cleaning God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazytaxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 00:26
I used to work at partco and a lot of the parts we got in were genuine parts with the markings scratched off and re-packaged, however i know that some members have used friends from american forums to get hold of parts over there
amandak695 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amandak695 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2010 at 05:05
Originally posted by richard neville richard neville wrote:

Hello Nissan club, thought you would be interested in the grand theft auto scheme that Nissan UK operate, i needed an idle air control valve for my 3.0 V6 Maxima, i have owned for nearly 10 years.My local dealer said 10 days from Japan and £577, an Infinity dealer in USA, via Google, said, £100, plus £34 postage, i ordered it on a Monday, got an email on the Tuesday to say it had been ordered from Japan, email on the Thursday to say they had received it , and was now in transit to me, i got it on the following Monday. This came in a sealed genuine Nissan Japan box, i can only think that UK parts have a seat reserved for them individually, whilst USA parts rough it in the cargo hold!
Recently, i requested a price for my wife's micra central door locking motor,  £194, they are having a laugh, on us, they obviously respect their USA customers, and have contempt for us.
I worked in the motor trade, for 25 years, and i dealt with Datsun parts and sales, cherrys, laurels, bluebirds, sunnys,240C and 240Z, that was in the Botner days and they tried to rip off customers then, i had hoped they had moved on , but obviously not. I will be buying 2 new cars in the very near future, and this will taint my decision.
Richard Neville

Thanks you for the post.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic