Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Primera
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Replacment turbo for my p12 , where ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stumpym4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Replacment turbo for my p12 , where ?
    Posted: 02 September 2010 at 18:04
Hi .... new to the forum , so a BIG hi to everyone
On my way home last nite the turbo went on my 04 plate
primera , was fairly local to a Nissan dealer who had a
look ( £77)! at it and confirmed my worst fears , the
turbo`s gone ... and they want £1400 + to put it right .
does anyone know where in Birmingham i`ll be able to get it
done apart from Nissan ?
the cars only done 53 k !! FFS

Thanks in advance
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2010 at 18:44

theres many online breakers, ebay or even give turbo technics a ring to see how much a refurb will be

all you need is the numbers/model off the turbo housing to get the right part

do you know what caused the turbo to let go ? blocked oil feed(s) are the main reason

stumpym4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stumpym4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2010 at 09:51

No idea what caused it to go ? , but after looking on the net there seems quite a few which have had turbo`s go at around the 50 k mark !

looks like there was a recall in 05 for the same issue , something to do with the ecu and a replacment turbo ... no idea if mine was ever recalled .

ive had it for 16 months and done over 18k in it and its been fine , up until now.

Ive had to bite the bullet and let a nissan daler do the work as i need the car back asap for work ..... only problem i have is the price .. a whopping £1460 !!!

This is the first and last nissan i`ll ever buy

crazytaxi View Drop Down
Management
Management
Board Cleaning God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazytaxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2010 at 16:27
The turbo on them has been a real pain, different faults along the way, ranging from wires being too brittle when hot thru to complete failure, it's a pity cos i loved them dCI i drove, finished up bying a petrol one instead
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2010 at 19:33

oh swell, i did the same with vauxhall (rattley lifters and cam chain rattle) on a 6 month old car

good luck with the repairs

bob1979ni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob1979ni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2012 at 11:20
did u get your turbo fixed, and is car still running, i got turbo replaced 3 years ago at 15,000 miles and now its went again at 44,000 the first time it was fixed at the expensuve dealer
Rob Doak
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic