Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Patrol
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Weird sunroof problem--HELP?????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steviem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weird sunroof problem--HELP?????
    Posted: 06 January 2011 at 18:29
hi guys,
I've got a really weird sunroof problem on a 98 Patrol---Every time I turn the ignition on the sunroof opens, and won't close again!!!!!!
I've tried disconnecting the switch in the roof pod, still does the same.
I thought I'd try taking the fuse out, but I don't know which one it is 'cos the panel on the fuse box that says which is which is missing.
I would take the connection off of the motor but I think the head lining's got to come off??
Can't take it to a garage either 'cos it's really wet here
So can anyone HELP??? Any ideas?? Please?????

If anyone's got that fuse panel they could scan and send me I'd be really gratefull-----or even a panel they don't want.

Pretty desperate as I've got a 600 odd mile round trip I've got to do at the weekend.
Cheers.
I am who I am, I think what I think, I say what I say
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 18:34

pull the fuse its either a problem with the motor or the central locking (full closure)

does the car have and alarm fitted ? and what reg is it ?

Steviem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steviem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 18:46
Hi Flash,
It's got an alarm, but that was disconnected before I got it. It's R Reg, and I've had it for about 3 years.
Pulling the fuse is part of the problem----I don't know which one it is, 'cos the panel's missing and I can't find a diagram anywhere.

I've managed to close it manually, but everytime I turn the ignition on---yep---it opens!!! So I'd be happy to just disconnect it for now.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 19:23

97/98 is the change year is it the new or old shape ?

newer shape is 98 to 08  Y61 shape

older shaper is the square boxey one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Patrol

Edited by flash22
Steviem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steviem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 19:53
The newer one, Y61
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 22:41

its not been easy but i found the service manual (PM me)

the sun roof is on a relay this is prob the fault theres also 2 built into the motor/ up in the roof

the fuse is no. 8  7.5A

middle column 2nd row down from the top on the internal fuse box

Edited by flash22
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 22:50
the window relay is on the passenger side beside the glove box its a glove box out job
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 22:59

looking into this further it wont be the window relay as this does the main windows too

i would say its the relays in the motor unit its self

btw if you pull the fuse you will loose the rest of the windows acording to the diagrams

Steviem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steviem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 23:11
A big thanks Flash.
Looks like for now I'll just have to take the headlining out and disconnect the bloody thing.
Oh well, such is life.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 23:25
you should be able to take out the interior light and surround you may just be able to get enuff room to unclip the wiring off the motor
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic