Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Almera
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1996 Almera N15 Windscreen Wiper Fault

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragamk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1996 Almera N15 Windscreen Wiper Fault
    Posted: 05 April 2011 at 00:21
Hello, I have a 1996 Almera 1.4GX which has recently developed a fault with the windscreen wiper. If I flick onto intermittent wipe then blades will swipe up to top of screen and stop, then on next actuation they move down to park position. If I operate wash/wipe a jet of water hits windscreen, blades wipe 1½ times  - up/down/up/stop. If I flick the switch to bring blades down then they come down to park position and then continue up to ¼ way up the screen. Flick switch again and they go to top of screen and come down ¾ way up screen. Takes a lot of patience to get them to park position. I purchased a replacement wiper motor, because I was advised that mine was probably faulty but the replacement does exactly the same. Rear wash/wipe is absolutely fine just the front. Looked in a Haynes Manual and the electrical wiring diagram mentions a wiper controller, any ideas what it is? Where it is? Whether it might be the problem and where I could get one? Could it be the relay at fault, remebering that the rear wash/wipe is working OK?
Any help/advice would be gratefully received because I've had to cut my hair short so that I can't pull it out!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 12:46
its either the relays or the stalk whats at fault, sorry i dont have any info on the n15 re.the relays

Edited by flash22
ragamk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragamk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 21:41
hello everyone, does anyone know where the relays are located? I found the rear wiper motor relay in the engine bay but where is the one for the windscreen wiper motor?

Thank you flash22

Edited by ragamk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic