Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Note
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anti Hijack Door locks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcb180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anti Hijack Door locks
    Posted: 05 April 2011 at 22:06

Is it at all possible to activate the door locks so that no one can open any of the doors from outside of the car whilst you are inside it?

I have read the manual but all that it appears you can do is to prevent any of the other three doors from unlocking when you approach the vehicle and disarm the alarm.

Having owned a merc and a renault in the past I like the idea of being secure inside the car when i'm driving it.

Does the Note have this facility or not? Have I mis read the manual even?

Other motors mg zs 180 astra gte subaru impreza turbo
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 22:28

not got the lock button by the handbrake ? on my corsas you could setup the autolock

i will have a dig around the info i have here.......

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 22:48

anti hijack - one press opens drivers door second press opens all doors

Auto Lock - locks all doors within a set time (1-4 min's) after you release the footbrake

both can be set with nissan consult only so its a dealers job as its controlled by the bcm

i will have a look around if theres another way but knowing nissan there wont

Edited by flash22
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 22:58

not sure if this works on the note (never tried it) but will try in the morning

To set your doors to autolock at 7 mph then hold down the lock button inbetween the seats for about 5 seconds, when you hear a beep it means it is activated, to deactivate hold down the unlock button for 5 seconds.

to switch between - unlocking only the driver's door (1 press)/unlocking the other doors (2 presses),

and

- unlocking all doors in 1 step,

keep pressing lock & unlock (by the handbrake simultaneously for several seconds.

everytime you do this operation, it will switch between the 2 options

Edited by flash22
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 16:27
went to try this the other morning only to find the button broken strange it was working before it went into the dealers
tcb180 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcb180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2011 at 10:50
Thanks! I will look for this button, which I never even knew existed, and try this.
jthspace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jthspace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2011 at 11:04

The Owners manual has a section on how to set the door unlocking to be "all doors" or "drivers door only".  I have set mine to be drivers door only, you need to press the unlock button twice if you need to open all the doors when entering the car.

The only "downer" on this is the boot unlock gets confused sometimes and on the odd occassion I have had to lock everything then unlock to reset the boot.

My Renault used to autolock at 6 mph which was really useful, nice tip if keeping the lock button pressed (same set up as the Renault had) - I will try it when I am next in the car.

ATB

Jeff

jthspace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jthspace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2011 at 11:06

To set your doors to autolock at 7 mph then hold down the lock button inbetween the seats for about 5 seconds, when you hear a beep it means it is activated, to deactivate hold down the unlock button for 5 seconds.

Unquote

Does not work on my 60 plate Note

tcb180 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcb180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2011 at 11:47
Thank you for all your comments. A great help to me.
ph47mf View Drop Down
Established Member
Established Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ph47mf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2011 at 16:30

yea it doesnt work on 57 tekna too. shame as i want it to auto-lock too.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic