Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Terrano
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

engine issue 3.0 terrano

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reefer023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: engine issue 3.0 terrano
    Posted: 20 May 2011 at 20:40
hi,

I have a Terrano 3.0d auto, with an engine issue, the history is about 6 months old  as Iam in the fortunate position where I don't have to drive it all the time.

When we had the bad snow last December Iwas driving along at about 70=80 on the motorway, slushy condition and suddenly Ifelt the engine sort of stall then loose a bit and come back, slowed down and it seemed to ease off.

Came back and left it for a month, then during the cold snap in Jan/Feb if you start it up no problem but as soon as you drive it until warm (really warm not just a qucik trip) it drops right off like stall and instantly comes back particualarly if I drop off the throttle having gotten used to the condition

Under full load the engine light came on then dropped off the next time I started it (happened three times)  Obviously when it stalls the bloody thing, sucks up oil out of the sump and coughs it out the rear! hence the easing off the throttle trick

It does I have found recently have a 75amp battey off a Transit as my wife announced "that was what the garage put on it", and it has periods where it goes flat, particularly when not driven for a month.

Iam stumped by the issue, and don't tend to drive it much above 60 if Ican help it. The odd part is when its warm and soaked sitting for a while  on the drive it doesn't exhibit the issue at all, or just a little. But when cold and now it's warmer it's not as bad it appears when the weather is cold x
Any ideas anybody? is it the Air Flow meter? hoses? etc? all views welcome please

reefer!
reefer023 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reefer023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 22:39
forgot the other odd feature of the car too! just gone to fill it up and the engine exhibits a "hunting " feature.

If it was petrol Iwould expect it at idle and see it on the rev counter ,or hearing, yet this is as you are going along? most unusual

reefer!
Mick View Drop Down
Management
Management
General Dogs Body

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 14:57

Hi. I had a similar problem on mine and it turned out to be the crankshaft sensor. Have you had a diagnostic done on it?

Mick

reefer023 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reefer023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 21:15
problem sorted , apparently it was the fuel filter! Huge cost of £51.00 including an air filter, and bobs your uncle it runs like a dream.

Why I didn't think of it is beyond me , but it is now sorted, thanks for any advice, as I now have my big baby back on the road, and love it!

reefer
reefer!
Mick View Drop Down
Management
Management
General Dogs Body

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2011 at 03:41

Glad you sorted it

Mick

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic