Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Note
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Note DPF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mr.frosty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr.frosty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Note DPF
    Posted: 09 June 2011 at 17:41

as far as i am aware the note diesel engine doesnt have a particle filter, my wife uses ours round the doors as she is a district nurse,

the cars done 4500 now from new and no problems, its the new note 90 diesel engine too.

i think the 2.0 engine in the qashqai has the particle filter but the 1.5 doesnt.

i checked this out before i bought the note and the u.k ones dont have one.

mdvineng View Drop Down
Established Member
Established Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvineng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 10:17
Hi, I do not have a diesel Note but did look into it for various other dpf vehicles, the conclusion is that unless you only do short runs around town you will probably never experience the dpf warning light and if you do, just take it on a run at around 40mph for around 30<40 minutes (the exact details are in the owners book so could be less time but other vehicles do state some long runs) if you fail to do so you could be in for a visit to a nissan dealer and a chat to the bank manager.
both motorcycle wheels drifting with the power on feels great
Bowcap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bowcap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 20:49
Hi am thinking of a Diesel Note but am a bit concerned about all the stories about these filters causing megga bucks problems. It seems that this unit combined with the ECU can cause almost unfixable problems on a number of cars but dont knowe if this applies to the Note. any info would be appreciated. At the moment am running a Maverick  (Terrino) for over 16 years.
Deep down you know it makes sense
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic