Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Pathfinder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hot Oil smell in cab

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
kopite1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kopite1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hot Oil smell in cab
    Posted: 03 July 2011 at 20:50
hi just had the same problem on 57 plate aventura if you remove the gear knob and remove centre console  you will see a metal plate holding a big rubber gator to the  floor and gear stick . Remove the four 10mm bolts remove both the rubber gator and the other thick seal you can then get to the top of the gear box where you will see a small rubber gator  that will have a split in £13 inc vat easy repair just lube up new gator very well as you have to force it over the gearstick sorted my bad smell out did it thursday towed the caravan for 50miles friday afternoon hot day no smell happy days i hope this helps 
epathy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote epathy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2011 at 18:41
My 2007 TDCi Sport has a hot oil smell coming into the cabin, pretty sure it is gearbox oil as smells of hot hypoid, mostly when towing and a hot day but not always, any ideas as to problem and cure.
2007 2.5 TDi Pathfinder Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic