Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Micra
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Few Tech Problems With My Micra

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Few Tech Problems With My Micra
    Posted: 01 August 2011 at 15:55

Just brought a micra equation 1999 model, discovered after purchase that the heater blower only works on the top setting done some diggin around an from what I can tell I need to put a new resistor in or clean up and re-solder the one thats in there.

My other problem is my wipers the one push up doesn't just go up then back down when I let go thats were they stop so have to hold it till they get back to the bottom, the intermitent is very intermitent goes half way up the screen stops then carries on to the top stops half way back down an then back to the bottom not very helpfull. When on second or third setting there fine.

The other problem then is that the rear washer doesn't let any water out I can hear a motor working the wiper moves but the water doesn't happen.

Any assistance greatly appreciated. As right now I'm thinking I should of stuck with my K reg micra model least it worked if a little rusty.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2011 at 16:17

1st problem

you have solved it yourself i would put a new card in rather than playing about

2nd problem

Its either one of 3 things, the stalk, the relay(s) or the motor itself, motors are a common issue on nissans of the mid/late 90s - 00

Babs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2011 at 16:39
How would I go about fixing the second problem?
Babs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 17:07

I can't locate the resistor I have done searches and followd instructions but I'm not finding it please help me I've looked under the glove box and there's a big black box and I can't find away into it. An being just a simple little women it is rather beyond me really but I'm determined to fix these simple problems myself.

I need to get it out to make sure I have the right part number first

Cheers Babs

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 21:07

its easier to take the glove box out to get at it other wise you have to stand on your head or have pipe cleaner arms lol

Babs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 23:31

lol 

I did see that after posting an thought maybe thats it now I know for sure thank you.

Babs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 23:35

how about the wiper relay? were will I find that?

sorry.

Think I'll have to get a haynes manual lol

Edited by Babs
Babs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2011 at 00:10

I brought a resistor card an when I fitted it, it worked but the card got exceptionally hot after just a few seconds is this normal.

Ow an I was sent a short card not the long card that was already in my car. The seller is saying that either is fine I'm not so sure.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2011 at 13:44
there are 2 cards 1 for aircon and 1 for non air con cars iirc
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic