Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Micra
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

radio code / radio removal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote springchicken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: radio code / radio removal
    Posted: 18 October 2011 at 19:05
As a result of the battery dying (see earlier post), the radio security code is needed.

Is there an alternative to paying Nissan £25 for the information?

Is the radio difficult to remove to retrieve the serial number?

Thanks.

Cluck cluck.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 11:27

£25-30 quid for the code but you will need your log book and proof of address

i take its a k12 micra 03-08 ?

http://www.micrak12.com/stereo.htm

springchicken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote springchicken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 13:14
Yes, it is a K12 2004 (sorry, I put that in my previous topic, forgot to in this one).

Thanks for the link to the radio removal page - very useful. Do you know whether the "calculators on the internet" mentioned below (from that web page) will generate the code for me (I can prove ownership)?
If you ever disconnect the battery, your radio will ask you for the four digit security code. If you've lost the code, there are calculators on the internet that use the serial number to generate the code. The serial number is the number starting with BP (the radios are made by Blaupunkt) on the label stuck to the back of the radio.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 18:21
does on some depending on the make of the radio - if bought the car from the main stealer its code should be on there system
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic