Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Note
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2006 Front wiper fault

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redvolvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2006 Front wiper fault
    Posted: 24 October 2011 at 19:17
Hello fellow note owners. I have joined this forum in order to share and enquire and would like to ask if anybody has had a problem with their front wiper motor? Two weeks ago mine would not switch off and appears to have a "mind of its own"; parking anywhere on the front screen. Somedays it will come on without touching the stalk and other days it appears to work okay for a while then revert back to doing what it wants !!! The Parks Motor Group have told me the wiper motor unit is on back order which would suggest that it is may be a common problem; but I have no idea... I have searched around online and have found nothing, then a friend of mine suggested contacting a forum. I have joined and would appreciate any help in this matter. Many thanks in advance...
TONY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2011 at 19:27
Hi 'REDVOLVO' (why red Volvo?) I too have a 2006 Note but have not YET had any trouble with the wiper motor. However, I am now experiencing other problems. Is it a '5 year - 'end of life- get a new one thing? I'm sure Nissan pre-plan redundancy at this period!!!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2011 at 20:28

no its not a common fault but it is a nissan thing (almera's and tino's mainly)

i would have a look on ebay or find a breakers but i deffo wouldn't get the work done on a 06 car at the dealers (if you arnt doing it your self)

redvolvo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redvolvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2011 at 00:41

In response to "Hi REDVOLVO, (why red Volvo?)" , it's an online alias I've had since getting hooked onto the internet many years ago; I use it everywhere ... Thank you for the quick responses. Thank you to "flash 22" for the 'keep away from the dealers' advice. I will do the unit exchange myself.

Do my symptoms sound similar to the almera & tino symptoms?

Many thanks in advance...

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2011 at 15:26
the tinos tend to lose the inermitaqnt wipe, you havent got auto wipers have you ??
redvolvo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redvolvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2011 at 21:01

No, not auto wipers.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic