Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Almera
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

almera tino blowin 15a coil fuses

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: almera tino blowin 15a coil fuses
    Posted: 21 December 2011 at 23:39
Hi all, car mot'd, passed, while idling having the pass ticket printed off, she cut out - no codes, wouldnt restart, did some basic test, no spark, found the fuse board and found a blown 15a coil fuse, temporary replaced with a 25a an she started then cut out straight away - BLOWN 25a fuse, poped in a 30a fuse ignition on for about 15 seconds - no cranking and it blow again .

So the cars dead, any common issues for blowing the 15a COIL fuse ? , im guessing somethiing wrong inside eng ecu may be as she was ticking over lovely an just stoped

Dont particularly want a dealer bill to sort if you get my drift, cheers andy
fg & mcd racer
Fenwick View Drop Down
Established Member
Established Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fenwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2011 at 11:50

Is it petrol or diesel, thinking about it, it must be a diesel as they seem to be over complicated.

So the fuse blows without the engine running ? If so, points to a stripped wire shorting out or a burned out relay or a stuck control valve or the glow plug circuit.

If a petrol, I'd look straight at the spark plug top coils.

PaulyQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulyQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2012 at 16:42
EGR Control valves on the Diesel Tino can get sticky. I had a similar problem on my old Tino.

Try some decent Diesel additive that can also clean out the EGR (Forté did mine the world of good - def worth the £10+ you pay for a bottle). Add the 400ml to around 1/2 tank of diesel and give it a good run, also when on the run when at around 70 mph drop the car into 3rd gear for a mile or so to get the engine HOT - sounds VERY noisy but once the engine is hot it transfers the heat thro the EGR and with the additive can help clear some of the gunk.

As for fuse blowing, again, could be a stripped wire/dead relay/glow plug circuit.

If your on a petrol engine, you could use the same trick on the EGR valve with additive to see if that clears out gunk.

Just thinking out loud but are any of the vacuum pipes full of gunk as well?
Mick View Drop Down
Management
Management
General Dogs Body

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 01:34
It sounds to me like it is probably a petrol model and there is a short circuit on one of the ignition coils. Try unplugging all four coils and replace the fuse. Turn the ignition on and see if the fuse blows. If it doesn't then try plugging the could in one at a time until it pops again. You've then found your faulty coil.

Mick
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic