Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Pathfinder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

paint peeling update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VT6165 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: paint peeling update
    Posted: 24 January 2012 at 17:11

Hi, PF was in and checked by the dealer yesterday, issue with the paint peeling on inspection is that it appears to be a water trap where the chrome cover for the number plate sits ?

Dealer has taken pictures to send off to Nissan for repair work to be done, sales and service manager both have heard of it before but not that many ???

Q was asked what can be done to stop this in the future, Mmmm will have to see what nissan say !!!

Q was asked when will I be able to bring it in for the repair, not sure but it wont be any time soon as Nissan are very slow at this warranty repair stuff !!!

Also questioned the windscreen fan / air outlets that run across the dash board, the outside vents on the line are blowing very weak compared to the inside vents at the centre of windscreen, (so windscreen starts to mist up from outside in till it hits the stronger vents which is approx 6" in on either side, fan on full to keep it clear)  which hasnt been an issue before only this winter, asked for this to be checked to be told it could be the pollen filter, this should be ok as this was changed during the service !!!

Service manager then said to keep ac on as this will help, EH hello havent had to do this before, even last winter when conditions were way worse ??? also ac increases fuel consumption, ( only by 1% he said as if ok )

Jury out on this one, will be back big time if it stays the same.

Anyone had this kind of thing themselves ?

VT
Fenwick View Drop Down
Established Member
Established Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fenwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 00:25

Constant misting sounds like water getting in the cabin, have you checked for damp carpets ?

1% consumption increase ???? more like 30% !!

VT6165 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VT6165 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 17:56
Yes, checked all that kind of stuff, all dry to the touch / feel will have look at checking further, would hate to think that iv got water getting in some where   Thanks Vince
VT
VT6165 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VT6165 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 18:00
Yep Had a giggle at that 1% increase, scarey thing is he's the service mananger !!! how many un knowing customers has he told to do that ?  mind boggles 
VT
jensor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jensor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2012 at 16:41
Hello VT6165. Had similar problem re windscreen misting. Turned out to be a flap assembly sticking in climate control unit (see my post 29/11/2011). When you press windscreen defogger button on my Pathfinder and a/c is off, it switches on to help clear moisture from cabin.
Also, you mention garage said pollen filter could be the problem. Any idea where it lives? I asked in a previous post but nobobdy got back.
Regards
John
John
VT6165 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VT6165 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2012 at 11:46

Hi john, sorry no idea where the filter is, perhaps you could find it in a haynes manual ?

Going back to dealer with your info, heater fan now making noise, time to be replaced I think.

VT
kopite1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kopite1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2012 at 16:43
Hi guys pollen filters are behind glove box ,when you have removed glove box (5 screws ) you will see a small cover held in place by an 8mm bolt .Paint peeling " common fault " said my dealer  had it on my 57 plate pathfinder and my mate had it on his 56 plate .When i took it back to nissan for repair they told me that the seal behind the chrome cover wasn't thick enough and a new one was being used by nissan  as  the  old seal  caused the chrome cover to flex when opening or closing the boot which chipped the paint in the outer corners hope this helps
VT6165 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VT6165 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2012 at 22:11

Thanks tor that, worrying thing for me is my PF is a 2010 and Iv got the peeling paint ! will be checkinh about the seal issue when it goes in.

VT
kopite1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kopite1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2012 at 20:14
vt6165 have you got you paint problem sorted yet
VT6165 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VT6165 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2012 at 14:09
Hi Kopite, I havent had paint issue sorted as yet, famliy life been crap as of late, to many bereavements in past few months, hope to get sorted after hols at end of month, will post outcome.

thanks for asking

VT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic