Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Micra
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

rear wiper parking position

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rear wiper parking position
    Posted: 25 January 2012 at 00:37
i have moans from the other half about the park position of the rear wiper being vertical so i have bought a secondhand one today so i can alter the park position so far so good the motor is stripped down and the part i need to alter is ready to go to work with me tomorrow, after the mod the wiper should park horizontally at the bottom of the screen like the later micra's.
i will post again when i have finished the job

mark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 21:10
job done and works a treat
drill out the rivets that holds the cover on and remove cover you will see this also note the 4 holes in casing

remove crank and it will look like this

then lift out the white gear ,in the gear there is an aluminum plate on one side carefully remove this then turn over and there is a pin for the crank you need to remove this and redrill this hole at 180 degrees to original position using a 6.8mm drill ,where the pin was originally fitted there is a raised area around pin carefully remove this and place around pin in the new location the crank arm then presses against it when in operation ,looking at the back of the new hole put a piece of insulation tape over the hole this is to make sure the pin doesn't touch the aluminum plate or when fitting the crank pin don't press the pin right the way through .reassemble in reverse except this time put a screw in each of the 4 holes in the casing to hold the motor together ,after reassembly this is what your car will look like from the back much nicer.

Mick View Drop Down
Management
Management
General Dogs Body

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2012 at 03:18
Excellent job, well done. Do you want me to add this to the 'how to' section?

Mick
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic