Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Primera
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Radio

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy9372 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Radio
    Posted: 18 August 2012 at 11:07
Hello there Iam new to this. I bought my first nissan pirmera 53 plate and the radio comes on sometimes and then other times it says secure in a yellow square. This all started when I had the battery changed and they put the wrong size on. When they did this the radio did not work at all. Then I had the rac out and they put the right size on at the cost of 90 pounds. Now it comes on sometimes and then not others. Is there a free program to re code the radio. Thanks Andy Smile
Ratchet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratchet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 12:21
Morning Andy and welcome to CN,

These radios are coded to the ECU and can lose communication with the ECU while verifing the codes, when this happens it gives you the secure message.

Let's try a complete ECU memory reset.

Very simple.

Leave at least your driver side front door wide open while doing this.

Disconnect the battery positive and negative leads (positive first then Negative)

Leave them off for 20-30 mins

Reconnect battery leads Negative and then positive.

Start car as normal and your radio should work as normal once again.

Hope this works

Let us know how you get on.

All the best
Qualified ABC Diploma Level 1 & City & Guilds Level 2 Mechanic
andy9372 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy9372 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2012 at 00:07
Hi mate sorry tried to reset the ecu like you said and it did not work. Can anyone help its doing my head in. 
Ratchet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratchet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2012 at 01:37
Sorry to hear that buddy

You might end up taking it into a dealer so they can dig a little deeper into it and pull the sub system thats causing the issue, they should also be able to reset the system so it works again.

I'll keep searching to see if I can come up with a simple fix for you and will post it up on here if and when i do fond something.

All the best
Qualified ABC Diploma Level 1 & City & Guilds Level 2 Mechanic
Mick View Drop Down
Management
Management
General Dogs Body

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2012 at 00:48
This is a very strange fault. Have you checked all the fuses? Usually once they sync following a battery change they are then happy. Does the time on the clock reset by any chance?

Mick
andy9372 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy9372 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2012 at 02:59
what when the battery is off yes. think it might have to go to the dealers another 90 pounds out of pocket Cry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic