Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Almera
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

N16 MAF SENSOR READINGS/SPECIFICATIONS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g.aw78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: N16 MAF SENSOR READINGS/SPECIFICATIONS
    Posted: 11 September 2012 at 00:30

Hi i`m new on here does anyone know what the specifications are for the n16 1.5 Maf sensor? I have a 2005 model with no power will only go to about 2000 rpm when driving and no eml light on. There are no trouble codes and I have a loan of a code reader for a few days so I want to check and see if the Maf sensor readings are correct. Don`t think its a stretched chain, there is no missfire and no codes for crank/cam sensors and it idles ok just no power.

Thanks in advance, Gary Smile

Ratchet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratchet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2012 at 01:11
Evening Gary,

Sorry for the late reply.

There no real readings for the MAF sensor and the dont always throw a trouble code when they go wrong, it's one of them that you will have to change and see if it improves.

When was the last time it had a serivce, Plugs, coils/Coil pack, HT leads ait filter and fuel filter?

Knowing this would halp narrow the field some.

Let us know what you can and we will do what we can to help you.

All the best
Qualified ABC Diploma Level 1 & City & Guilds Level 2 Mechanic
g.aw78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g.aw78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2012 at 21:51
Hi sorry i was away for a few days. Car was serviced last year its a one owner car 80k i just bought it i changed the plugs which made no difference disconnecting the maf made it worse so i dont think its that. I have now disconnected the exhaust at the cat and it revs freely where it was only reving to about 4000rpm so i am going to go with a blocked cat. Not sure if this is a common problem or not?
Ratchet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratchet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2012 at 22:35
Evening,

Well at least you found what seems to be the problem, a blocked CAT can happen on any car with a CAT at any time, It's all down to how the car is looked after and how it's used. A lot of short in town runs will soon block it up as it does not get hot enough to clean it out. you can force clean it but that also lowers the life of the cat and you can only do this a few times before it screws it totally.

If you buy a new one they normally come with 1 or 2 years guarantee and it's the quickest way to sort the problem.

Glad you found the problem.

Let us if we can help again.

All the best
Qualified ABC Diploma Level 1 & City & Guilds Level 2 Mechanic
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic