Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Almera
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Retro fit passenger airbag switch - Almera Tino
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Retro fit passenger airbag switch - Almera Tino

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmsm07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Retro fit passenger airbag switch - Almera Tino
    Posted: 03 October 2012 at 00:27
Hey, this is my first post on this forum. We have an Almera Tino 1.8 SE and want to know if you can retro fit a switch to activate / deactivate the front passenger airbag? We have a baby on the way and would prefer baby to be in the front when we're driving on our own. Any ideas? Our local Nissan dealer wasn't very helpful.

Thanks!
Ratchet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratchet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 20:36
Evening, congrats on your little one.

I would not advise on retro fitting a switch at all as without all the right kit it can cause more probles than it's worth.

The best thing for you to do is, research and see if they did make the Tino with this switch and then find out what bits you would need to change or add to your car to make this possible.

Normally it's a matter of changing the airbag loom, ECU and the airbags and then fitting the switch, if done correctly it will be ok but there is ALWAYS the risk of it all going to plan and the second you connect the battery the aigbags go off or worse they dont go off in the event of a shunt.

As I said, this can cause no end of problems.

Hope this helps.
Qualified ABC Diploma Level 1 & City & Guilds Level 2 Mechanic
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic