Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » NV 200
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NV200 Cruise control retro fit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVIDP20V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NV200 Cruise control retro fit
    Posted: 17 October 2012 at 20:38
Not many members in this section, but here goes.

I have just purchased a new NV (2012 SE). As a daily driver and annual temporary camper van

I would love to have cruise control, the main dealer are useless when it comes to retro fitting.

I do know the 'Ntec' model is supplied with Cruise control and Sat nav as standard, but the dealers have notified me this is fitted at production rather than at the dealer.... Unlike a lot of the VAG cars which I am used to.

Any ideas?  can it be done, any Nissan Tecs that might be able to code it in if I had the parts???????

I notice people on ebay sell steering wheel controls for qashqai and juke models (must be for a reason)

Any help would be much appreciated.... 

D

Edited by DAVIDP20V - 17 October 2012 at 20:38
Ratchet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratchet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2012 at 06:58
Morning David,

Hate to be the giver of bad news.

Looking at the specs on the SE and the Ntec, there are huge differences in the 2.

Engine for one, plus all the other bits they have added on the N-tec, from what I can see it would be a HUGE task to retro fit the cruise control to the SE plus the amount of headaches it would cause as the N-tec has a completly different Engine managment system to control EVERYTHING including the cruise control.

To have this fitted IF at all possible would be very costly and it may cause more problems than you could shake a stick at.

Sorry buddy.

All the best.
Qualified ABC Diploma Level 1 & City & Guilds Level 2 Mechanic
DAVIDP20V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVIDP20V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2012 at 10:01
Hi Ratchet.... Its too early to start crying ...Cry.... but thanks for the info. I am not going to give up just yet, there must be some chance...LOL
I am looking at the n-tec models for comparison, The only difference is they simply add sat nav and cruise control, nothing else

The NV's only come in 89hp and a 110 hp options both can be purchased in Ntec versions (simply adding cruise and Nav) which is a different headunit and buttons on the steering wheel, so not that a Huge difference.
All UK engines in the Nv200 range are the same renault 1.5 dci powerplant but I imagine the 89 and 110 have different turbos and ecus, but identical looms.

They remind me slightly of the VW golf 1.9 tdi which uses the identcal engine in all 115/130 & 150 hp models just the injectors/turbo/pipework is changed to gain extra power. But with them you can add and change all sorts with ease.

Come on man we can do better than that, there must be someone who has had cruise fitted after purchase, a juke, qashqai etc

D

Edited by DAVIDP20V - 18 October 2012 at 10:24
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic