Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Almera
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Almera n16 1.5 high idle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g.aw78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Almera n16 1.5 high idle
    Posted: 02 November 2012 at 21:20
Hi i've got a 1.5 2005 n16 almera which is idling between 1100-1400 rpm. I recently had a problem with lack of power which turned out to be a blocked cat. While figuring out the lack of power I had the throttle body off the car its a fly by wire type and now the car is idling high. I removed it again and gave it a good clean but it still idles high and fuel consumption is poor. I've read a post on the internet about the throttle postion sensors having to relearn by a series of ignition on and of procedures but it was for a 1.8 tino and also the same procedure for a 2.5 altima (usa). I have tried the procedure but it dosent work does anyone know if there is a different procedure if any for the 1.5?
Ratchet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ratchet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2012 at 11:29
Morning,

Since you had a blocked CAT, when you replaced it did you replace the O2 sensors as well?

The issues your having sound very much like knackered O2 sensors.

There are a few other things I'd check as well

MAF sensor
IAC valve (Idle Air Controll Valve)

Did you use a new gasket when you had the throttle body off? If not then I'd put a new one on anyway.

I've always replaced O2 sensors when I've had to replace a blocked CAT, as for the MAF and IAC, you can unplug the MAF and see if that bring your idle down to normal, If not then you can also unplug the IAC and see if that brings it down.

Start with BOTH O2 sensors and a new Throttle body gasket and see how you get on and let us know.

Hope that sorts your problem, if not try the MAF and IAC.

All the best.

Edited by Ratchet - 04 November 2012 at 11:29
Qualified ABC Diploma Level 1 & City & Guilds Level 2 Mechanic
g.aw78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g.aw78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 09:06
Thanks for that, i tried disconnecting the battery to reset the ecu and the next morning everything was fine, idle back to normal, hopefully it stays that way. I havent done many miles yet so i will see if the fuel economy gets better i expect it will
Ratchet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratchet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 15:01

It's always the simplist of things that sort the annoying problems. lol.

Glad it worked

Let us know if it's a perminant fix.

All the best
Qualified ABC Diploma Level 1 & City & Guilds Level 2 Mechanic
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic