Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Almera
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Almera - Starting Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yingtong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Almera - Starting Problem
    Posted: 19 November 2012 at 21:01
Hi,

I stumbled across this forum whilst searching the web for any info regarding the subject line. I don't have much mechanical knowledge although I am ok with electrics.

This Almera is a 'T' plate and is the wife's, a 1300.

Every now and then it will not start. Put the key in, turn, nothing; take it out, put it in again, turn,  fine.

This key in out process, can go for 6 - 8 times before it starts, other times it can just be 1 or 2. It's been doing this for approx 5 weeks randomly, sometimes will go for days with multiple starts and be fine each time, then all of a sudden we're back to the key in-out scenario. As I write it has been fine for approx a week and a half.

Once, it would not start at all. I live on a hill so pushed it out the drive, rolled down the hill, bump started it, drove around the block (some 800 mteres) parked back on the drive, switched off and immediately started it again without any issue. One other time (not in so much of a hurry), I left it for 10 mins after about 8 unsuccessful goes of the key scenario, came back out, key in, started straight away.

It is not the battery and I have taken all fuses out form the inernal fuse box and the one in the engine compartment and made sure everything is clean. It's as if the ignition key barrel itself is intermittant, which I don't think it is.

Is there anything like a relay that could be getting tired before I start to completely rip out the whole wiring loom!!!

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

ying
VerSk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VerSk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2013 at 13:48
VerSk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VerSk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2013 at 13:51
I can't comment specifically on your starting problem. However, it could be a dodgy engine sensor - camshaft or flywheel sensor. I had a starting problem which turned out to be the camshaft sensor. Cost of replacing it about £40.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic