Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Club Nissan Forums » Motorsport Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

road rallys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belly939 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: road rallys
    Posted: 23 September 2013 at 19:38
im looking to start doing road rallys, 12car rallysz night rally, anyone have any tips or advise?

lush62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lush62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2013 at 20:34
Hi Belly
        The first thing I would say is join you're local motor club and see what events such as navigational exercise and 12 cars that they are running. You don't say whether you're interested in driving or navigating, either way you will need to find someone to do one or the other with you unless you already have someone in mind.
I hope that is helpful to you
lush62
belly939 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belly939 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2013 at 21:10
i was hoping to drive and was going to ask my dad if he was up for it and he could be navigator- co driver
im hoping to go to a local club meet on wednesday night and talk to the club members and see which events they do 
Ratchet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratchet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2013 at 22:58
I'm looking at getting my national B at some point, just cash flow stopping me at the min.

Let us know what you find out as this could be interesting.
Qualified ABC Diploma Level 1 & City & Guilds Level 2 Mechanic
belly939 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belly939 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2013 at 23:23
i will do :) ill be doing this in my k10, but i need to find out regs before i start prepping the car to find out what i can and cant do
lush62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lush62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2013 at 23:35
If you are thinking of using your k10 and its a 1000cc modal it might be worth you looking at the formula1000 web site as the do a championship for 1000cc cars doing single venue rallies, you don't really need many mods to do night events but you will need some willing volunteers to come along and Marshall for you as well,
lush62
belly939 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belly939 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2013 at 23:41
yeah its only a thou cc and ill keep that in mind and see what happens when i go to this club meeting
lush62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lush62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2013 at 23:46
Ho
lush62
lush62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lush62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2013 at 23:51
Hope you find out what you want at the club night, I've not done a night event for about 4 years now but have been marshalling on quite a few up here in Wales in that time,I started out navigating in the early eighties when 200 mile night events were comman place, they are a bit less mileage now but still a great place to start. I've co driven in a couple of events in micras and had some real good fun, the last tome was on the 2012 nicky grist stages when we finished 2nd in class it was great fun in the forests that they used on last years rally gb
Andrew
lush62
belly939 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belly939 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2013 at 00:00
ive not done any events yet but have wanted too for a while
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic