Offer Accepted..........

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
KevShek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
The Modfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevShek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2006 at 01:07

aye, i suspect there will be charges i dont know of yet, but ive got the help to keep me right, fingers crossed.

going back to the 2 year thing, it was the mortagage agent that told me to do this, im sure he knows ways around it.

the thing is, my account has a good list of contacts who all know each other and can work together hence getting thing done easier and quicker, if theres a loop hole, short cut, money saving way, they will use it. This takes a lot of stress off me. I simply sign when theyre done.

Kevin Shek
Andy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I’m The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2006 at 01:07
20 grand,so it was you that robbed the security vans then mate?
IF YOU WANT COMFORT BY A CAR IF YOU WANT SPEED BUY A HAYABUSA 194MPH,QUARTER MILE 9.86 sec @ 145.80 MPH
DavidEvans007 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidEvans007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2006 at 01:01

everyone move to Barry !!

the house we're moving into next friday, 4 bedroom, lounge, diner, garden etc etc £139,000... its ready to move into, just had new fitted kitchen, no repairs/decorating required.

Kev... look into all the payments re changing lender after 2 years... most hit you with a penalty fee

good you found someone to do your conveyencing for you... we've had no end of problems with our solicitors... it got to the point i was threatening them with a visit from a big stick... they drag their heels blaming the delays on land surveys and the likes.

we're putting 20 grand down as a deposit... and they had the cheek to ask where i was getting that kinda money from and wouldnt take things further till i proved to them it was legit !!

there are loads of hidden costs coming your way... biggest kick in the balls is the 1% stamp duty on houses between 120,001 and 250,000 quid... fooking government getting money for nothing

stracyznski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stracyznski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2006 at 00:57

Don't worry too much about School. We live in Lewishaw council area, but Joe goes to school in Southwark, and alway has since moving to London. Schools don't have catchment areas anymore. If you wanted to you can send you kids to a school 200 miles away if you liked...

if the current school is good, then keep them there....

AL...

KevShek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
The Modfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevShek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2006 at 00:52

maybe in the summer ill have a party and invite the masses. ive no urgent rush to move in, its not like i dont have a place to live in, so after the sign over, ill gradually move stuff over myself, i want to build a proper BBQ in the garden for the summer, then when its all done and the weather nice, ill have a get together then.

another thing i need to consider is my kids and there schools, although the new house is only 5-10 mins away from where i live now, and schools 2 mins away from here by car, id like to keep them here as long as i can with little disruption. Wallsend is called as North tyneside COuncil, Walker is Newcastle City council, so were not 100% how the school thing will work just yet.

Kevin Shek

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stracyznski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2006 at 00:46

Sounds like you've got it all covered Kev. Best of luck with it. All we want now is the house warming invite....

AL...

KevShek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
The Modfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevShek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2006 at 00:44

dont worry too much about that, this 2 year idea is just short term, i have good advice coming from all side, my accountant, his in law who incidentally works in law and operates from the agents were im buying the house from. Hes doing my conveyancing too.

hes the sums, over 2 year, if i pay back interest only, repayments will be around 600 quid say. if i were to pay back capital over the same period, i would be paying an extra 6 grand! when only about 300 quid of the capital would actually be paid off. The first couple of year will incur all the hidden charges.

Kevin Shek
KevShek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
The Modfather

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevShek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2006 at 00:38

yeah, for now im happy, a new home will open up more opportunities for me in the future.

One thing my brother said to me was, if you loose the shop tomorow, what have you got?? your tuned up car??? if you buy a house, at least you have your home, you can find work elsewhere to pay the bills.

This is true, for the past 6-7 years, ive come acustomed to living upstairs at the shop, its easy life, but in reality, i should have bought a house long ago, but never thought i was in a position to do so. Now with the help and support from the family, i can.

Kevin Shek

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stracyznski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2006 at 00:37

Be careful with that one Kev. Interst only morgages only work if you don't need to live in the place, coz you never own it. I've got the house in Scunny on a repayment morgage, so I brought the flat in London on intesrest only, as in 10 years time I'll sell it and move back to Scunny and that the equity away with me. (In 2012 I reckon this flat will be worth £250K = 100k in my back pocket... )

Kev, morgages are like any other loan. The earlier you take the hit, the easier it is in the long term....

AL...

Andy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I’m The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2006 at 00:35
Good luck with it all Kev and hope the tuning thing comes off,but I think your gunna need a bigger garage.
Maybe one day I will be in the position to buy a house,but not in this part of the country .
IF YOU WANT COMFORT BY A CAR IF YOU WANT SPEED BUY A HAYABUSA 194MPH,QUARTER MILE 9.86 sec @ 145.80 MPH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic