Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Murano
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Derek Jeter all class, goes out on his terms

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aV3iU4sJ2f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Derek Jeter all class, goes out on his terms
    Posted: 28 April 2014 at 10:06
TAMPA, Fla. -- Derek Jeter could have walked away from the New York Yankees whenever he wanted.
Powered by Goldvk Forum ,the perfessional game raiders forum,including game raides,instance,Game Gold(wow gold), equipment, pvp, quests, etc.

If he wanted to switch positions and play third base next season, it was his prerogative.

If he wanted to be a designated hitter for a few years, it was his choice. Find cheapestwow goldnew from us

If he wanted to look like a stumbling Willie Mays at the end of his career, a hobbled Mickey Mantle or an old Satchel Paige, Jeter earned the privilege to inform the Yankees when he was retiring.

Yet Jeter's control of his career has mirrored his command of the middle of a baseball diamond. you canwow goldkaufen from online shop with safe transaction.

And so Wednesday, he decided he will walk away before enduring any of those potential indignities.

He announced on his Facebook page - and who knew he had one? - that he will walk away from baseball after the 2014 season.

"Really, it was months ago when I realized that this season would likely be my last," Jeter wrote. "As I came to this conclusion and shared it with my friends and family, they all told me to hold off saying anything until I was absolutely 100% sure.

There was no news conference at Yankee Stadium. No tearful goodbyes with Oprah. No news media leaks.

He didn't even bother to inform the Yankees until Wednesday morning, only calling owner Hal Steinbrenner.

Jeter, 39, a true Yankee to the end, didn't bother asking for a front-office or community services job when he retires.

He's not seeing whether he could leverage his stature on the free agent market. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic