Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Almera
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Almera Key Fob Reprogramming

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VerSk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Almera Key Fob Reprogramming
    Posted: 03 September 2014 at 12:41
I bought an 03 Almera - the key fob wasn't working, and the vendor said it needed a new battery. I fitted a new battery (CR2025), and it still didn't work, and my heart sank. When I Googled the problem I found that there is a procedure you can go through to reprogramme your fob to the car. There were some abiguities in the instructions, so it took a few attempts before I was successful. I discovered that you have to have the key in the ignition slot all the time you're doing the reprogramming, which is where I was going wrong.
So - the procedure is this:
Make sure your fob battery is good. then...
Put key in ignition and turn off/on 6 times within 10 seconds: this puts it into programming mode, and is acknowledged by the indicators flashing twice.
With key in the lock in "off" position, hold down the unlock button on the fob and press the lock button 3 times, then release the unlock button. If reprogramming has been successful, the indicators will flash once.
Finally, turn the ignition to "on", then back to "off", and the indicators will flash twice to indicate that you have left programming mode. Then test the fob to see if it operates the central locking system correctly.
Yes the procedure really works!
PinkyPerky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkyPerky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2014 at 21:19
Hi
Thanks for the confirmation.  It hasn't worked for me possibly because I have an immobiliser fault.  It doesn't give the single flash. I will retry if I can sort out the main problem

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic