Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Almera
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Almera Joint Connector-6 Help please!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkyPerky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Almera Joint Connector-6 Help please!
    Posted: 11 October 2014 at 18:17
Hi
I have a 2003 Nissan Almera 1.5S RHD. This has the ecu/ecm in the cabin. I have a shorting problem on the ecu/ecm side of the ECM Relay which blows the 10A fuse. The ECM Relay pin 3 feeds the ecm at 110 and 112 but does so through the Joint Connector-6 F114 pin 1, but one of the circuits on that busbar is shorting out. I cannot find anywhere a statement as to what is connected to pin 1, though a pdf search has given the camshaft sensor and the crankshaft sensor.
Could someone send me a list of things connected to the Joint Connector-6 to save me cutting the loomSweating
PinkyPerky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkyPerky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2014 at 14:17
Have found a wiring diagram that shows that the crankshaft and camshaft sensors are fed from JointConnector-6. I then found that the new crankshaft sensor I had fitted had shorted out internally and melted the casing. It took out the 10A fuse and killed the ecu. Having replaced the two units I then had the keys reprogrammed by Nissan (£51 incl) and the car is running again.
Moral
Don't use pattern sensors

Comments: I had tried to replace the ecu+immobiliser+BCM+transponders but couldn't find a set at a sensible price. Also the dealer couldn't tell me if the car was fitted with a dongle and breakers couldn't say if their doner cars had one either! Fortunately my dealer discovered that in reprogramming the keys (and getting the ecu to match the immobiliser) the problem was solved.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic