LACK OF BOOST

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Mick View Drop Down
Management
Management
General Dogs Body

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LACK OF BOOST
    Posted: 20 June 2012 at 20:25
Hi Barry.

I would be very keen to read the document. Is there any chance you could email me a copy please to admin@clubnissan.co.uk

As regards the engines I did change a few myself. The original mod was a different dip stick as Nissan got the oil capacity wrong. However when this didn't work they had a recall to change the engine.

The fault you mentioned I have not heard of on Patrols but it sounds very interesting.

Mick
crazytaxi View Drop Down
Management
Management
Board Cleaning God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazytaxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2012 at 19:50
Thanks for that Barry, yes things can be quiet on here and in the past some topics have had no reply at all, this is something Mick and now myself are trying to rectify.

Even if we don't know the answer ourselves we are trying to do research into it and hopefully find an answer, but we have busy lives too so we are glad when people like yourself shout up, hopefully on a regular basis.

And if we can't come up with an answer we will still post up, even if it's only a bit of encouragement LOL

Don't ask me, i just work here!
Gupster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gupster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2012 at 09:20
Hi Mick. Mine used to do the same thing but quite regularly. I read a Patrol reference document on the internet where it explained the reason for the loss of boost and how to remedy it. I followed the instructions on adjusting the vint controller on the turbo, ever so slightly, and have never experienced it again. I believe the power loss is a built in protection to prevent over boost. Before adjusting it, I fitted a boost gauge and sure enough, the boost used to climb quite high. After adjustment however, the boost remains in the safe zone. This over boosting problem was the reason for the first 3.0 Patrols to blow their engines, something that does not happen often here in the UK.Mine, a2001 model, had to have a new engine replaced in 2005. My truck is in Durban at the moment and I am looking for a 5th gear and main shaft here in the UK.
If you have not read that Patrol document I can send it to you in an email. Its really great and covers a host of problems experienced by us Troll owners. regards. Barry

Mick View Drop Down
Management
Management
General Dogs Body

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 22:21
Hi Barry.

What woul you suggest then? Mine was the air flow meter the first time and the second time was the crank sensor.

Mick
Gupster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gupster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 20:43
Hi Andy. 4 years later, but I have only seen your post now. Have you sorted out you problem with the boost, if not let me know and I will shed some light on it. I have noted that this forum does not get many replies.
Regards.
Barry 
Mick View Drop Down
Management
Management
General Dogs Body

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2008 at 02:20

Hello and welcome to the club.

The first and cheapest things to check are your vacuum pipes, boost pipes and air filter. When it does boost does it sound noisey?

However, having experienced this myself on my last 3.0 Patrol i fear it may be the air flow meter! This is going to cost you around £400 from Nissan just for the replacement part.

Is it putting the engine management light on?

Mick

Andy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I’m The Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 22:49
Welcome dude. The best guy to answer this is Mick as he is a wizz with the patrol. Have you checked the boost pipes?
IF YOU WANT COMFORT BY A CAR IF YOU WANT SPEED BUY A HAYABUSA 194MPH,QUARTER MILE 9.86 sec @ 145.80 MPH
AndyT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 12:59
Hi,i have a 2001 patrol 3.0di,the problem is that when i put my foot down
boost builds up and then dissapears,but comes back if i keep my foot on
throttle,doesnt happen all the time,but is annoying,i am a new member,can
anyone help?Cheers AndyT
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic