Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Maxima & QX
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Relay box QX 1998

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G0HRF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Relay box QX 1998
    Posted: 10 April 2010 at 23:52

Hi ........

Can anyone else with a QX, tell me the colours & positions of the relays in the left hand black box (under the bonnet) of the Nissan QX?

I have a QX, with an alarm that dosent work, it seems to set, the red light in the car flashes as normal but no alarm at anytime.

The previous owner had lost the remote fob, so, I suspent he disabled the alarm (also the wired plug going to the siren, was disconnected) and in the relay box under the bonnet on the left, there (might) be a missing relay, as 'horn 2' socket is just an empty socket, the others that have relay bases, are all full.

It was suggested I try usng one of the remaining relays, the problem is, there are 3 different coloured sorts of relays in that box, all with different switched contacts, so, it would not be good idea to 'try' another in the 'horn 2' empty socket.

When I try to set off the alarm, there is no clickiing as I would expect, as apparently, the headlights flash with the siren, when triggered under alarm conditions?

I'm not sure about all this, maybe another member with a (1998) or similar QX, might have a look for me.

Thanks in advance .........

Brian (Huddersfield)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic