Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Patrol
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

rear anti roll bar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesthespark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rear anti roll bar
    Posted: 21 April 2010 at 01:18
hi i  have a 2001 patrol and there is a small shock absorber on the rear anti roll bar the ball joint has failed the MOT.I haven't got a part number yet any idea where i might get one. I'm told it could be very expensive. help. thanks steve.
ATKIN MOTORS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ATKIN MOTORS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 18:22

PART NUMBER IS 56262-VD200 STABILISING SHOCKABSORBER £1250.17+VAT !!!!!!

SHOCKING, SCRAPYARD BEST BET!

REGARDS

TONY

jonesthespark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesthespark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 23:33
thanks tony that broke my heart!!!!!!!!
Mick View Drop Down
Management
Management
General Dogs Body

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2010 at 18:59

Hi Steve.

There are 2 different anti-roll bar link bars on the rear of a Patrol. One of them is a standard looking one and is about £40 from Nissan and the other is electronically controlled and is just over £1200. The electronic one is what is linked to the rear stabiliser switch on your dash board. They do have quite a bit of play in them anyway, however just replace it with a non electronic one for £40. This will work just as well.

Mick

Stuart Woods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuart Woods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2010 at 19:02

I would try your local scrapyard, if no joy there, then i normally use these guys for my Nissan Car Parts , check them out, i'm sure they will be able to help. 

jonesthespark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesthespark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 23:26
thanks for that stuart.
TWENG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWENG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 20:58
I am breaking a 1999, if they are the same on this machine, then i will do you a deal on it.  Get in touch.
www.patrolbreaker.co.uk
Nissan Patrol Breaking for Spares. www.patrolbreaker.co.uk
rb4no View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rb4no Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 11:11
my rear shock absorber thing has broken on my 2002 patrol. Can you elaborate a little on the part you can use to replace only my mechanic has told me that the other anti roll bar is a lot shorter than the one that's broken. However, what he's suggested is that we can cut off the shock absorber and weld on some more metal bar to make up the length and attach accordingly.

pls advise i've my mot very soon!!!!

Richard
TWENG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWENG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2010 at 12:41

Originally posted by rb4no rb4no wrote:

my rear shock absorber thing has broken on my 2002 patrol. Can you elaborate a little on the part you can use to replace only my mechanic has told me that the other anti roll bar is a lot shorter than the one that's broken. However, what he's suggested is that we can cut off the shock absorber and weld on some more metal bar to make up the length and attach accordingly.

pls advise i've my mot very soon!!!!

Richard

Quite right, for the anti roll bar, the ram can be replaced with a piece of solid bar, this is a quick fix.  How many times have you used the "Stabi Off" switch, which is located by you left knee?  I'm guessing very few if at all.. This switch alters the angle of the roll bar to change ride quality at low speeds, ideal of off road, but hardly ever used.

Get rid of the ram, put a solid bar in, and then you should have no problem with your MOT.  

Edited by TWENG
www.patrolbreaker.co.uk
Nissan Patrol Breaking for Spares. www.patrolbreaker.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic