Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Micra
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Micra 2003 need help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneillms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Micra 2003 need help
    Posted: 08 July 2010 at 23:30
Hello Folks,
I have bought a Dec 2003 new shape Micra 1.2 se for my wife. which has been going well for a week until it started to misfire. it splutters alot and sometimes dies out when driving. I got a diagnostic reading which said i needed a cam shaft sensor which i bought for £60 i changed it and still no good. so Then i bought a Crank shaft sensor which look differant its not plastic its go a silver end. So i cahnged it and same thing is still happening. I phoned the nissan dealer and they said i have to bring the car for something has to be done with the new sensor. But is this really the problem. This little car is breaking my heart. I always buy nissan as there trouble free. Please please can anybody help???

Thanks
oneillms

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2010 at 11:37

did you clear the faults down on the ecu ? the 2 common faults on the micra are the coil pack(s) and the throttle body both will cause hesitation and misfire

iirc there was a modified crank sensor also are these sensors genuine parts or Pattern, pattern part tend to be not as good and can send diffirent readings to the ecu than the oem parts

oneillms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneillms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2010 at 11:55
Hi thanks for reply. I bought the two sensors from Nissan cost £140. i cleared the faults on ecu. have not changeg the coil pack yet. but i did change the plugs. But the engine management light comes on again and tells me the same problem. cam shaft semsor
micawave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micawave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2010 at 13:17
Good call! I would check out the coil.
oneillms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneillms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2010 at 00:15
I am still no further forward. i took my car to  nissan dealer where they tried another crank shaft sensor but car still spluttering. i was told the next step it the timing chain which is going to cost me £600 to fix. i have changed plugs, air filter , even the temperature sensor. but the same problem comes up ( cam shaft sensor) When i pull the plug out of the crank shaft sensor and just leave the sensor stuck in the enging the car is harder to start but there is no splutter the car seems to run grand just no power when driving. Could this still be the timing chain.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic