Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Note
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Note Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aduppa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Note Problem
    Posted: 25 September 2010 at 13:21

I got my nissan note 2006 and only have done below 35000 miles. The problem is that happened 2 weeks ago when I was driving on motorway. I had been held up over 4 hours on motorway and luckily I could slip out to service and took a break and drove my car again. One I drove back on motorway not too far from service exit, from the first gear changed to 2nd gear then just about to change 3rd gear then gear wouldn't allow me to change to any gear. Any one know what is wrong with it?? The clutch had gone or the gear box gone?? The engine sounds ok. No other noise at all. Now, when the engine is off, you can engage any gear in, switch the engine on, drive normal but cannot change gear. In normal stage, start the engine first then do the normal driving then impossible. Anyone can help?????

eton anssin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eton anssin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2010 at 18:07

Hi aduppa

Haven't been on forum for around two months so just picked your query up today. My nissan note has done 33500 miles and it has just started to stick in gear i.e. first or second gear. It appears to happen when gearbox has  warmed up.

On searching internet for similar problems it states either clutch or low gearbox oil as first course of action. If it was the clutch we would feel it slipping - mine is OK. As for the gearbox oil if low it would be the same problem in all gears.

I'm living with it at the moment as have been told by my local garage (not nissan garage) that it could be a new gearbox required. I don't believe this so will leave it until it gets unbearable.

Did you find the answer and if so what was the outcome?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic