Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Micra
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

micra automatic 2001 reg intermittant sta

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
lynall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: micra automatic 2001 reg intermittant sta
    Posted: 11 December 2010 at 19:33
Start inhibitor will stop it turning over but the not starting will probably
be crank sensor
This was the problem on the wifes merc fine when cold and once
started okay but warm/hot starting was a pain this was £70! And as
access is a nightmare took me a good few hours to fit
I reckon micra ones will be quick to change
Micra ones on e bay are around a tenner and for that price you may
as well just change to see if it works make sure it's right as probably
more than one sort

Lynall
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2010 at 19:13

could be a number of things common faults on the micra for a non start are the inhibitor (auto only) or the cam/crank sensor(s)

Best bet is to get the ecu fault codes read if its stored any.

Are there any flashing lights or lights what stay on when  the car running ?

judy e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judy e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2010 at 12:42
Hi Lynall,

What happens is that the engine turns over, but won't start - usually this happens when I have driven somewhere and parked up. It usually starts eventually, but I am waiting for the day it doesn't...thanks for your suggestion about the start inhibitor, I'll tell the garage - however, it doesn't refuse to start for THEM!
lynall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2010 at 19:50
When you say it wont start do you mean it doesnt turn over
on the starter, or that when you turn the key it doesnt do
anything at all.
Might be worth reminding the garage that it will have some
sort of start inhibitor to prevent the engine starting in
anything but Park or Neutral on the gearbox, this will stop
the engine turning over.

Lynall
mr.frosty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr.frosty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2010 at 18:58

hi judy,

it might be relevant to your car, but nissan are recalling micras between 04 and 06 for intermttent failure of the ignition relay, this causes the symtoms you describe. but i am not sure whether your car is a different set up. hope you can sort it out.

judy e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judy e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2010 at 17:08
Hi - I am a new member. I have a Micra S automatic, 2001 reg. For the past new years it has an intermittent starting problem. I can get it started (until two days ago when it took 10 minutees) and drive somewhere, but then after it has been parked up for a while it refuses to start. Up until a few days ago I have been able to get it to start eventually but now it sometimes doesn't start at all. My garage has it at the moment and are going to keep it and see if they can get it to "not start". Of course when they picked it up today, it started and they haven't been able to replicate the fault. I am tearing my hair out - the battery and the plugs have been replaced in the last 1 1/2 years so its not that.....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic