Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Micra
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Removing rear lens cover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JazzyJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JazzyJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Removing rear lens cover
    Posted: 02 January 2011 at 19:00
Thank you!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 17:46

iirc - If I Remember/recall Correctly

just looked it up in the fsm (factory service manual) it confirms what i said above

btw its not just the lens its the whole light that comes out then you can access the bulb holder

Edited by flash22
JazzyJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JazzyJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 15:53

Well maybe my hands were too cold because I pulled and pushed with all my might - without success.  I gave up, as my fingers were tingling with agonising pain.

However, if it really is so simple I'll give it another go, using gardening gloves.  Oh, what does 'iirc' mean?

Thanks for replying.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 15:34

its simple undo the 2 bolts and give it a pull you need to wiggle it a bit as you pull as there a support post on the outside edge iirc this goes through a rubber grommit

the bulb may of blown but maybe still hanging on

JazzyJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JazzyJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 14:50

Hi folks. My first post.  Hello.

I have a Micra 1.2 SE (2003) and my left rear indicator flashes too fast.  Yet the other day, just before driving to an accessory shop to buy a new bulb, it worked OK.  Then it didn't! 

I tried to remove the rear lens cover today but after unscrewing the screws couldn't get the housing out of the car body (as I wish to check the bulb connection, because it hasn't blown).  The Haynes manual is useless for this particular part so am wondering if anyone here can help me?  Many thanks in advance.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic