Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Micra
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cooling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr.frosty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cooling
    Posted: 02 January 2011 at 23:44

hi, my neighbour has a 53 1.4 micra k12, it doesnt have a temp gauge and recently got hot, cut a long story short it was the thermostat, he got that fixed ok and now asked me if i thought he could fit a temp gauge . i just wondered where does the overheating warning light come from on the dash? is it possible to wire a temp gauge to the same source to show engine temp instead of a light?

any knowledge would be usefull. thanks.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 17:22

the light comes on when its all to late :(

A water gauge can be fitted no problems 1 of 2 ways you can fit a sender with a t piece where the water oem sender is

The other way is to cut the top rad hose and fit an adapter only problem with this is the temp gauge wont read properly till the stat is open

As for mounting either a pod or pillar mount if you want a cheaper gauge dont go with tat off ebay stick with a electronic gauge from smiths or tim

mr.frosty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr.frosty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 17:37
thanks flash, i think the oem is the way to go, i will suggest this to him, sounds straight forward. thanks.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 17:43

For T pieces and reducers speedograph richfield are great used these loads of time over the years (now i feel old)

there website isnt cutting edge but works fine

http://www.speedograph-richfield.com/

I have the K12 fsm here so can look most things up if needed

lynall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 21:11
Cappiliary gauge has got to the the easiest dent need any electrics so
totally stand alone set up.
This way you can just undo the hose clip on top or bottom hose and
slip the bulb inside a little sealant around the small tube refit the hose
and clip and you are good to go.
This is how Kenlowe fans fit their temperature sensor.
I have done the same on many cars over the years.
My ancient landrover has same gauge set up except on this there was
a bung in the cylinder head that I drilled and tapped.
e bay mini temperature gauge.

Lynall
lynall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 21:23
E bay Tim 52mm capillary gauge

Lynall
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 17:32
well imho i find a few wires less hassle than feeding a line through esp with modern cars so you can fit the gauge where you want it without to much hassle
lynall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lynall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 18:28
Cant argue about that.
I was more along the lines of once fitted thats it no
wiring etc and it works regardless.
I would like one on my K12 but cant really see anywhere to
put it thats neat and looks right.

Lynall
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 18:55

the pillar pods look ok a lot of the electronic gauges now are very shallow i have some depo racing ones here what are 40mm deep inc the pod mount

There are lcd type gauges but there £90 upwards for a resonable one

but thay look cheap compared to likes of defi

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic