Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Pathfinder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

4 Wheel Drive Transmission Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shackleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4 Wheel Drive Transmission Problem
    Posted: 03 January 2011 at 20:03

My 2005 4 x 4 auto Pathfinder (which I purchased from new) sometimes engages 4 wheel drive without being selected and will not engage when it IS selected.  It has been back to the main dealer 3 times.  All fuses etc checked, 2 new switches and throttle control unit fitted (as per computer diagnosis) - great expense but no improvement!  Computer shows fault on fuel pump, what is the connection? Main Dealer suggests trial and error elimination.  Nissan will not refund unused spares to the Main Dealer who is reluctant to order expensive spares and therefore will not stock them, keep the vehicle for a couple of days and 'hopefully' eventually solve the problem.  Instead, I am required to make return visits in order that the cheaper spares can be fitted and the fault found before more expensive parts may be necessary.  The problem is - it is expensive and most inconvenient to make return visits and the final cost could be prohibitive and for example if the 12th spare cures the problem the other 11 would have been fitted in error.  The dealer will understandably say all the faults showed up on the computer but I cannot understand how most or all of them affect the original problem.  Your help and suggestions would be very much appreciated.

KFT
aylnissan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aylnissan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 17:26
Is the 4wd actualy engaged or it it just that there is a light on the dash? I have come across a couple with similar problems to the Navara (similar G/Box etc) where One of the gearbox switches is broken/faulty. Have they changed the 4wd detection switch?    
Shackleman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shackleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2011 at 11:19

Hi aylnissan,

Thanks for your time.--FWD actually engages, by itself in low, max' speed 10 mph, light on dash'. Fortunately ??!! it only happens when shifting from neutral to drive. When I want FWD ,the axle symbol changes but the light ( FWD ) is not on and 4 x 4 is NOT engaged.

Kind regards,

Shackleman

KFT
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic