Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Terrano
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

terrano power probs!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisatt1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: terrano power probs!
    Posted: 29 January 2011 at 11:42

i have a 2001 2.7tdi, it is going to garage this week with problem with throttle potentiometer,which is causing loss of power when accellerator is pressed,mechanic says he will take unit apart and clean,but if that does not do the trick a new potentiometer will cost a £1000+vat,has anybody else had same probs? any help is much appreciated

Kind Regards Chris

Mick View Drop Down
Management
Management
General Dogs Body

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2011 at 02:58

Hi Chris.

I've never heard of this on a Terrano. Most common problems are:

Fuel Filter blocked
Number 1 injector faulty
Air Flow Meter faulty

The throttle sensor will be part of the diesel pump and i doubt if there will be much that can be done with it. Is this the fault that shows up on the computer?

Mick

chrisatt1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisatt1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2011 at 17:18

Hi Mick,i had this problem when first bought car 3 years ago,i had a garage look at it and theycould not diagnose problem,the  guy i take it too now who was highly recommended to me ,he took unit apart and cleaned it and it has been ok untill about a week ago,he is doing same again today!i will keep you posted,he says it is the throttle potentiometer and they cost £1000 + vat new!lets hope he does the trick

Kind Regards Chris

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic