Club Nissan Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home » Model Specific » Primera
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Y REG 1.6 PRIMERA FAULT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
graftermatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graftermatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Y REG 1.6 PRIMERA FAULT
    Posted: 07 September 2011 at 22:46

hi i have just not long brought a primera and it seems to be misfiring while driving and when i stop at lights ect it seems to the rev count is low can anyone help

grafter
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2011 at 12:15
CTS can cause random faults, missing on 2 - i would do a compression test to rule out anything nasty
sam_jones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam_jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2011 at 20:48
Would a faulty coolant temp sensor also cause it to miss so it sounds like it's only running on 2? I'd be chuffed if it did!

I parked my Primera up because I could not cure it. Nothing shows up in blink codes or diagnostics.
Mick View Drop Down
Management
Management
General Dogs Body

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 03:37

Hells bells, sounds like you are having a nightmare.

Have you checked all the fuses?

Due to the fact it is using a lot of fuel i would start with the coolant temp sensor. If this is telling the ECU that the car is cold it will  be injecting loads of fuel and then it will be struggling burning it which will cause poor and erattic running.

Mick

primera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote primera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 22:59
Also forgot to mention the oil light has recently come on but the oil is OK, a few lights on the dash dont work and the rear window heater wont work and the engine management light is also on
primera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote primera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 22:44

Hi all, still having an absolute nightmare here, parts replaced are as follows;        &nbs p;         &nbs p;    *PLEASE HELP*

Full exhaust system and sensors, Timing Chain, Coil Pack, Throttle body, Coil Pack X4, MAP Sensor, Maf Sensor, Crankshaft Sensor, Cam Sensor, Plugs & Leads . I originally thought we had cracked this one with the Lamba Sensor it is running slightly better than it was but it is still "jerky " in every gear which is the only way to describe it . I have also noticed it is using MASSES of fuel, hopefully someone else has encounted a similar problem and is able to help.It"s only done 56000 miles and would be a shame to scrap it plus Ive spent a small fortune on it .

primera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote primera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 23:50
Thanks for the reply flash, I removed the connection from the Lambda sensor and it appears to be running ok, I can see the sensor and am going to replace it tomorrow, Is there anything else i should be aware of by doing this ? any other hidden sensors? The MAF sensor was next on the list. I dont think the  cars been run with a data logger plugged in mind. Cheers and Kind Regards Hopefully feel as if Im getting somewhere
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 19:43

sounds like a fault with the crank sensor wiring but it seems odd, does the fault go after 4500 rpm ?

have you run the car with a data logger pluged in ?

The mass air flow meter can also throw up random faults

primera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote primera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 19:12
Appears to have a miss-fire and rev counter jumps around a 4000 revs.System diagnostic check shows crank-shaft sensor, The mechanic has changed: timing chain replaced, crankshaft sensor, camshaft sensor, 4 coil rods, plugs and leads, oil and filter .It just goes on and on. I"m £500 out of pocket and have no ideas hope somebody can help me PLEASE??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic